Golden Platter Chicken! SEMI-HOMEMADE Learn more about golden platter www.goldenplatter.com
a family-run business for three generations, understands that making healthy choices is a priority for every family. With their new line of gluten-free breaded chicken, which are fully cooked and 100% breast meat, Golden Platter is extending their products to new families—those with celiac disease, gluten allergies, and gluten intolerances. The chicken is juicy and flavorful and quick and easy to make. Delight pulled together a fun and tasty menu featuring Golden Platter chicken that we think you will love. We guarantee you’ll want to run to the store and keep this gluten-free chicken fully stocked in your freezer! Happy cooking. YIELD: 6 SERVINGS PREP TIME: 20 MINUTES TOTAL TIME: 50 MINUTES GLUTEN-FREE, EGG-FREE, NUT-FREE
6 Golden Platter Chicken Patties 1 (12 ounce) package gluten-free rotini pasta 1 medium eggplant, ends trimmed and sliced into ½-inch thick rounds 1 zucchini, ends trimmed and sliced into ½-inch thick slices 1 (45 ounce) jar marinara sauce, divided 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese, divided 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese JANUARY - FEBRUARY 2016 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange chicken patties in a single layer on the tray. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, turning halfway through the heating time. Cool slightly and then cut the patties in half. Do not eat the chicken, it is not fully cooked at this point.
2. Cook the gluten-free rotini pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
3. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray. Pour the cooked pasta into the bottom of the pan. Drizzle 1 cup of marinara sauce over the top of the pasta.
4. Arrange the eggplant and zucchini pieces over the top of the pasta and drizzle with 1 cup of marinara sauce. Sprinkle ½ cup of the grated mozzarella over the top.
5. Arrange the chicken pattie halves over the top of the vegetables and pour remaining sauce over the top. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses over the top. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.
NUTRITION PER SERVING: CALORIES: 698, FAT: 29G, SATURATED FAT: 9G, SODIUM: 1740MG, CARBOHYDRATES: 75G, FIBER: 12G, SUGARS: 14G, PROTEIN: 38G
8 Golden Platter Gluten-free Chicken Tenders 2 tablespoons olive oil ½ cup finely diced sweet yellow onion 1 tablespoon minced garlic 3 cups shredded cabbage ½ cup grated carrots 3 tablespoons fish sauce 3 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce 1 teaspoon sugar 1 teaspoon salt Warm water 8 rice paper wrappers Vegetable oil for frying Sweet red chili sauce, optional for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange chicken tenders in a single layer on the tray. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, turning halfway through heating time. Cool slightly and then cut the tenders into very small pieces.
2. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add in the onions and cook, stirring frequently, until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add in the minced garlic and cook, stirring until fragrant, about 1 minute.
3. Add in the prepared chicken, cabbage, carrots, fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar and salt and cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, until most of the liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat.
4. Fill a large bowl with warm water. Place one rice paper wrapper into the water for 5 seconds, just to get it wet and softened slightly. Fill the wrapper with 2 tablespoons of the filling. Roll up, tucking in the ends and set aside until ready to fry. Repeat with remaining rice paper wrappers and filling.
5. Pour about 1 inch of vegetable oil into a frying pan and heat over medium-high heat until you see small bubbles forming in the bottom of the oil. Fry each spring roll until lightly browned and crispy. Dry on paper towels and serve with sweet red chili sauce.
NUTRITION PER SERVING: CALORIES: 192, FAT: 9G, SATURATED FAT: 1G, SODIUM: 1465MG, CARBOHYDRATES: 18G, FIBER: 1G, SUGARS: 2G, PROTEIN: 9G
JANUARY - FEBRUARY 2016
8 Golden Platter Gluten-free Chicken Tenders 1 tablespoon olive oil 1 cup finely diced sweet yellow onion 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro ½ cup chopped scallions ½ cup chopped water chestnuts 2 tablespoons fish sauce 2 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce, plus extra for serving ½ teaspoon chili flakes 1 teaspoon salt 12 large iceberg lettuce leaves
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place chicken tenders in the single layer on the sheet. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, turning the tenders halfway through heating time. Cool slightly and chop into small bite-sized pieces.
2. In a large wok or skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add in the onions and cook, stirring frequently for 5 to 7 minutes, until soft and translucent. Add in the garlic and cook 1 additional minute. Add in the cilantro, scallions, water chestnuts, fish sauce, gluten-free soy sauce and chili flakes and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 to 3 minutes. Add in the salt and stir until well combined. Add in the prepared chicken and toss until well combined.
3. Using the lettuce leaves as cups, fill each with a heaping portion of the filling mixture. Serve with additional soy sauce for dipping, if desired.
NUTRITION PER SERVING: CALORIES: 196, FAT: 10G, SATURATED FAT: 2G, SODIUM: 1460MG, CARBOHYDRATES: 16G, FIBER: 1G, SUGARS: 2G, PROTEIN: 10G