Chilly Apple Cinnamon Cheesecake
YIELD: 10 SERVINGS PREP TIME: 20 MINUTES TOTAL TIME: 3 HOURS 20 MINUTES, INCLUDING CHILL TIME GLUTEN-FREE, EGG-FREE, SOY-FREE, NUT-FREE, CORN-FREE
For the Apple Cinnamon Topping 4 tablespoons butter ½ cup sugar 1 tablespoon cinnamon 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and thinly sliced or chopped
For the Crust 2 (7.5 ounce) boxes Pamela’s Products Cinnamon Grahams ¼ cup sugar 6 tablespoons butter
For the Filling 2 cups heavy cream ½ cup sugar 2 (8 ounce) blocks cream cheese, softened 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice 2 teaspoons vanilla 1 teaspoon cinnamon 1. In a large skillet set over medium heat, melt the butter for the topping. Once melted, add in the sugar, cinnamon and apples. Cook until the apples are softened and caramelized, about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
2. To make the crust, in the bowl of a food processor, pulse together cinnamon grahams, sugar and butter until coarsely ground. Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch spring form pan.
3. To make the filling, in a mixing bowl using an electric mixer, beat the heavy cream and sugar until soft peaks form, about 3 minutes. Set aside.
4. In the bowl of a standing mixer using the paddle attachment, beat together softened cream cheese, vanilla, lemon juice and cinnamon on low speed. Gently fold the whipped cream into this mixture. Pour the filling on top of crust and spread out evenly.
5. Pour the cooled apple topping on top of the filling. Cover the cheesecake and place into the freezer to set. Freeze for 2 hours or until ready to prepare for serving.
6. Transfer the cheesecake to the refrigerator 1 hour prior to serving.
NUTRITION PER SERVING: CALORIES: 529, FAT: 40G, SATURATED FAT 23G, CHOLESTEROL: 121MG, SODIUM: 286MG, CARBOHYDRATES: 45G, FIBER: 2G, SUGARS: 32G, PROTEIN: 4G MARCH - APRIL 2016
3. Evenly distribute the filling among the 24 liners. Garnish with remaining key lime zest.
4. Refrigerate for at least hours before serving. NUTRITION PER SERVING: CALORIES: 147, FAT: 8G, SATURATED FAT 4G, CHOLESTEROL: 21MG, SODIUM: 115MG, CARBOHYDRATES: 18G, FIBER: 0G, SUGARS: 13G, PROTEIN: 2G MARCH - APRIL 2016
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch spring form pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
2. To make the fruit topping, heat the coconut oil in a nonstick skillet set over medium heat. Add in the peaches, raspberries and sugar and cook, stirring occasionally, until the fruit is soft, about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
3. To make the streusel topping, combine all of the ingredients for the streusel in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until a crumbly topping forms. Set aside until ready to assemble the cake.
4. To make the cake batter in a mixing bowl, whisk together the gluten-free all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
5. In the bowl of a standing mixer, cream together the Greek yogurt, coconut oil and sugar. Add in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add in the vanilla extract and mix well.
6. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in three separate additions. After the second addition, add in the coconut milk and mix well before incorporating remaining flour mixture.
7. Pour the cake batter into the prepared spring form pan. Top the cake with the cooled fruit and then sprinkle the streusel crumble on top of the fruit. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes until the center of the cake is set. Cool for 30 minutes before removing the sides of the spring form pan.
NUTRITION PER SERVING: CALORIES: 514, FAT: 26G, SATURATED FAT 15G, CHOLESTEROL: 34MG, SODIUM: 348MG, CARBOHYDRATES: 71G, FIBER: 6G, SUGARS: 45G, PROTEIN: 6G