Tacos, Tacos, Tacos
Who doesn’t love tacos? For your next fiesta or Cinco de Mayo party try these amazingly delicious taco recipes.
Mole Braised Beef Short Rib Tacos
YIELD: 6 SERVINGS PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES TOTAL TIME: 55 MINUTES GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE, EGG-FREE, SOY-FREE, NUT-FREE, RICE-FREE
2 tablespoons olive oil 3 pounds boneless, beef short ribs,
cut into large cubes 1 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon garlic powder 1 cup finely chopped white onion 2 cloves garlic, very finely minced 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce 1½ cups beef broth 1 teaspoon cumin ½ teaspoon cinnamon ½ teaspoon chili powder ½ cup finely chopped dark chocolate 12 corn tortillas Optional garnishes: chopped cilantro
and salsa 1. In a large, high-sided sauté pan, heat olive oil over high heat. Season the beef short ribs lightly on both sides with salt and garlic powder and then add to the heated pan. Cook on each side for about 2 minutes just until lightly browned. Transfer the beef to a plate.
2. To the same pan, add in the chopped onion, minced garlic, tomato sauce, beef broth, cumin, cinnamon and chili powder. Stir well to combine ingredients.
3. Reduce the heat to medium and whisk frequently until the mixture comes to a simmer. Stir in the dark chocolate pieces until fully melted.
4. Add the short ribs back into the pan so they are submerged in the sauce. Cover the pan and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes until the short ribs are cooked through and easily pull apart with a fork.
5. Using tongs and a fork, pull the short ribs apart until all of the meat is shredded. Stir the shredded beef back in with the sauce.
6. To assemble the tacos, place a heaping portion of braised short ribs in the center of each corn tortilla. Top with chopped cilantro and salsa before serving, if desired.
NUTRITION PER SERVING: CALORIES: 902, FAT: 53G, SATURATED FAT 22G, CHOLESTEROL: 212MG, SODIUM: 939MG, CARBOHYDRATES: 29G, FIBER: 5G, SUGARS: 12G, PROTEIN: 73G
MAY - JUNE 2016