YIELD: 8 SERVINGS PREP TIME: 1 HOUR 10 MINUTES TOTAL TIME: 2 HOURS GLUTEN-FREE, EGG-FREE, SOY-FREE, NUT-FREE Crisp and savory, these breadsticks are the perfect companion for some homemade chicken wings. Serve with marinara sauce on the side for a tasty appetizer!
For the Breadsticks 1 package rapid rise yeast 1 cup hot water 1 tablespoon olive oil 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour 1 tablespoon granulated sugar 1 teaspoon salt 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
For the Topping ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese 1 teaspoon garlic powder ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the yeast, water and olive oil. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the gluten-free all-purpose flour, sugar, salt and Parmesan cheese until mixed thoroughly combined. Add the yeast mixture and combine using a fork.
3. Knead the dough and transfer to a lightly greased bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let dough rise for 1 hour in a warm place.
4. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking sheet.
5. Transfer the dough into the prepared baking sheet and stretch into an even layer so that it fills the entire sheet.
6. In a small bowl, whisk together the Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and pepper. Sprinkle evenly across the surface of the dough.
7. Bake for 30 minutes and let cool slightly. Transfer to a cutting board and cut into 8 equal pieces before serving.
NUTRITION PER SERVING: CALORIES: 214, FAT: 8G, SATURATED FAT 3G, CHOLESTEROL: 13MG, SODIUM: 564MG, CARBOHYDRATES: 29G, FIBER: 3G, SUGARS: 4G, PROTEIN: 9G