Honey BBQ Veggie Pizza
YIELD: 8 SERVINGS PREP TIME: 1 HOUR 10 MINUTES TOTAL TIME: 2 HOURS 10 MINUTES GLUTEN-FREE, SOY-FREE, NUT-FREE This Tex-mex inspired pizza is the perfect blend of flavors! Serve with a side of margaritas for a truly delectable experience.
For the Crust 1¾ cups gluten-free all-purpose flour 1 stick butter, cut into thick slices ⅔ cup corn masa flour ½ cup sweet corn kernels ⅓ cup granulated sugar ⅓ cup cold water 1 teaspoon salt ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper 1 egg
For the Pizza ⅓ cup honey barbecue sauce ½ cup canned black beans, drained
and rinsed 1 cup Mexican cheese blend ½ cup red onion, finely chopped ½ cup sweet corn kernels ¼ cup red bell pepper, finely chopped ¼ cup sliced jalapeños ¼ cup black olives
For Garnish 1 Hass avocado, peeled, seed removed
and finely chopped 1 tablespoon lime juice ¼ cup green onion, finely minced Sour cream 1. In the bowl of a food processor, combine the all-purpose flour, butter, masa corn flour, corn kernels, sugar, water, salt and pepper. Pulse until pea-size crumbs begin to form.
2. Add the egg and pulse until a smooth dough forms.
3. Knead the dough, shape into a flat disk, cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before use.
4. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9-inch pizza dish and set aside.
5. Transfer the dough to a surface lightly dusted with gluten-free all-purpose flour and roll out into a shape of your choice so that it fits inside the pizza dish.
6. Par-bake the dough for 10 to 20 minutes until it begins to brown and is no longer raw. Let cool slightly and spread the barbecue sauce evenly across the surface of the crust.
7. Top with the black beans and Mexican cheese blend. Evenly distribute the remaining pizza ingredients on top of the cheese. Bake for 15 minutes until crust is golden and cheese melted.
8. Meanwhile, toss the chopped avocado and lime juice in a small bowl.
9. Garnish pizza with avocado, sour cream and green onion before serving.
NUTRITION PER SERVING: CALORIES: 401, FAT: 21G, SATURATED FAT 10G, CHOLESTEROL: 67MG, SODIUM: 562MG, CARBOHYDRATES: 49G, FIBER: 6G, SUGARS: 15G, PROTEIN: 10G