Cheesy Jalapeño Bread Rolls
Yield: 10 servings PREP TIME: 1 HOUR 10 MINUTES TOTAL TIME: 2 HOURS GLUTEN-FREE, EGG-FREE, SOY-FREE, NUT-FREE Homemade cheesy bread rolls baked to perfection with a touch of spiciness. These can be enjoyed as an appetizer, too!
1 package rapid rise yeast 1 cup hot water 1 tablespoon olive oil 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour 1 tablespoon granulated sugar 1 teaspoon salt 1¼ cups Mexican cheese blend, divided 10 jalapeño slices
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the yeast, water and olive oil. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the gluten-free all-purpose flour, sugar, salt and 1 cup Mexican cheese blend until mixed thoroughly. Add the yeast mixture and combine using a fork.
3. Knead the dough and transfer to a lightly greased bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let dough rise for 1 hour in a warm.
4. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking sheet.
5. Transfer the dough to a surface lightly dusted with gluten-free all-purpose flour and roll out into a rectangle about the same size as the prepared baking sheet.
6. Cut crosswise into 10 equal pieces. Roll each piece and transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Top each roll with a jalapeño slice and divide the remaining ¼ cup Mexican cheese blend among the rolls.
7. Bake for 30 minutes and let cool slightly before serving.
NUTRITION PER SERVING: CALORIES: 170, FAT: 7G, SATURATED FAT 3G, CHOLESTEROL: 15MG, SODIUM: 295MG, CARBOHYDRATES: 23G, FIBER: 3G, SUGARS: 3G, PROTEIN: 6G