Bard’s Brownie Sundae Floats
YIELD: 6 SERVINGS PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR 15 MINUTES GLUTEN-FREE, SOY-FREE, NUT-FREE These dessert floats make for the perfect adult treat – made with gluten-free beer, brownies and ice cream! You can bake the brownies in advance, but they probably won’t be around by the time you prepare the floats.
For the Brownies 2 cups granulated sugar 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour ¾ cup cocoa powder ½ teaspoon baking powder ½ teaspoon salt 4 eggs, lightly beaten 1 cup butter, melted ½ cup Bard’s Gluten-free Beer 1 tablespoon vanilla extract ½ cup Enjoy Life Semi-sweet Chocolate Mini Chips
For the Whipped Cream 2 cups heavy whipping cream ⅓ cup powdered sugar ½ cup maraschino cherries, finely chopped 5 tablespoons Bard’s Gluten-free Beer 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Floats 1.5 quarts chocolate and vanilla ice cream 3 (12 ounce) bottles Bard’s Gluten-free Beer 6 maraschino cherries Caramel Sauce, for garnish MAY - JUNE 2016 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, gluten-free all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
3. In the bowl of a standing mixer using the paddle attachment, beat together the eggs, butter, beer and vanilla extract. Gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until a smooth batter forms. Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
4. Pour brownie batter into the prepared baking dish and bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool completely.
5. For the whipped cream, combine all ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat on high speed until whipped consistency is achieved.
6. For the floats, fill the bottom of 6 mason jars or glass tumblers with chopped brownies. Divide the ice cream by heaping scoopfuls. Pour the beer over the ice cream and fill each mason jar all the way to the top.
7. Top with a dollop of whipped cream and drizzle with caramel sauce. Garnish with 1 maraschino cherry per jar and insert a straw before serving.
NUTRITION PER SERVING: CALORIES: 1466, FAT: 84G, SATURATED FAT 50G, CHOLESTEROL: 373MG, SODIUM: 498MG, CARBOHYDRATES: 155G, FIBER: 6G, SUGARS: 122G, PROTEIN: 16G