Crab and Butternut Squash Enchiladas
YIELD: 6 SERVINGS PREP TIME: 25 MINUTES TOTAL TIME: 55 MINUTES GLUTEN-FREE, EGG-FREE, SOY-FREE, NUT-FREE, RICE-FREE
1 (16 ounce) jar green tomatillo salsa 1 cup sour cream 1 cup cilantro leaves, washed and patted dry 1 teaspoon ground cumin 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 6 cups chopped butternut squash (chopped into small
½-inch cubes) 16 ounces jumbo lump crab meat, chopped 2 cloves garlic, finely minced 1 teaspoon salt 12 soft white corn tortillas 2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese, divided
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x13-inch glass baking dish with nonstick spray and set aside.
2. In a blender or food processor, puree together the tomatillo salsa, sour cream, cilantro leaves and ground cumin until smooth. Pour the sauce into a wide mixing bowl and set aside.
3. In a large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add in the chopped butternut squash and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes, until the butternut squash begins to brown. Add in the crab and cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes.
4. Add in the minced garlic and salt and cook, stirring frequently, for 2 additional minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
5. To assemble the enchiladas, set up an assembly line with the corn tortillas, enchilada sauce, the crab and butternut squash filling and 1 cup of the shredded cheese.
6. Take one corn tortilla and dip it into the enchilada sauce. Let excess sauce drip off. Fill the tortilla with 2 tablespoons of the crab and butternut squash filling and a pinch of shredded cheese. Roll the enchilada and place into the prepared baking dish. Repeat with remaining 11 tortillas.
7. Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the top of the rolled enchiladas and sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of shredded cheese evenly over the top. Bake for 30 minutes until the cheese is golden and the sauce is bubbly.
8. Serve with sour cream, guacamole, chips and salsa and rice and beans if desired.
NUTRITION PER SERVING: CALORIES: 483, FAT: 24G, SATURATED FAT 12G, CHOLESTEROL: 95MG, SODIUM: 1141MG, CARBOHYDRATES: 39G, FIBER: 7G, SUGARS: 9G, PROTEIN: 28G MAY - JUNE 2016