Enchiladas Four Ways
We love enchiladas, don’t you? Check out our four yummy gluten-free enchilada recipes featuring bold proteins and farm fresh produce.
YIELD: 6 SERVINGS PREP TIME: 25 MINUTES TOTAL TIME: 55 MINUTES GLUTEN-FREE, EGG-FREE, NUT-FREE, RICE-FREE
2 tablespoons olive oil 1¼ pounds ground beef 1 cup chopped sweet yellow onion 4 cloves garlic, skin removed and finely
minced 2 teaspoons ground cumin 1 teaspoon salt 12 soft white corn tortillas 2 (10 ounce) cans El Paso Red Enchilada
Sauce 2 cups shredded cheddar jack cheese,
divided 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x13-inch glass baking dish with nonstick spray and set aside.
2. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over mediumhigh heat. Add in the ground beef and cook, stirring frequently to break up the meat, for 5 to 7 minutes until the meat starts to brown. Add in the chopped onion and cook, stirring frequently until the onions are soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
3. Add in the garlic, cumin and salt and cook, stirring frequently, until the garlic is fragrant, about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. To assemble the enchiladas, set up an assembly line with the corn tortillas, enchilada sauce in a wide topped mixing bowl, the beef filling and 1 cup of the shredded cheese.
5. Dip out 3 tablespoons of the enchilada sauce and spread it evenly across the bottom of the glass baking dish. 6. Take one corn tortilla and dip it into the enchilada sauce. Let excess sauce drip off. Fill the tortilla with 2 tablespoons of the beef filling and a pinch of shredded cheese. Roll the enchilada and place into the prepared baking dish. Repeat with remaining 11 corn tortillas.
7. Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the top of the rolled enchiladas and sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of shredded cheese evenly over the top. Bake for 30 minutes until the cheese is golden and the sauce is bubbly.
8. Serve with sour cream, guacamole, chips and salsa and rice and beans if desired.
NUTRITION PER SERVING: CALORIES: 483, FAT: 29G, SATURATED FAT 11G, CHOLESTEROL: 99MG, SODIUM: 1154MG, CARBOHYDRATES: 21G, FIBER: 3G, SUGARS: 4G, PROTEIN: 37G