Potato + Beef Casserole A relatively simple dish that the whole family can enjoy!
YIELD: 8 SERVINGS PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR 20 MINUTES GLUTEN-FREE, EGG-FREE, SOY-FREE, NUT-FREE, RICE-FREE, CORN-FREE
9 russet potatoes, peeled
and quartered 1 pound ground sirloin 1 teaspoon salt, divided ¼ teaspoon dried oregano ¼ teaspoon ground garlic
1. Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Add the potatoes and cook until soft, about 20 to 25 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, spray a nonstick skillet with nonstick spray. Add the ground sirloin, ½ teaspoon salt, oregano, garlic and black pepper. Cook over medium heat until browned, about 10 to 15 minutes, and set aside.
3. Drain the cooked potatoes and transfer to a large bowl. Add the milk, 4 tablespoons butter and remaining ½ teaspoon salt. Mash the potatoes until smooth.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease an 8 x 8-inch glass baking dish with nonstick spray and smooth half of the mash potatoes on the bottom.
5. Top with cooked ground sirloin and layer the remaining mashed potatoes. Spread the remaining 1 tablespoon melted butter on top of the potatoes and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake for 30 minutes and then broil for 5 to 7 additional minutes.
6. Remove from oven and let cool slightly before serving.
NUTRITION PER SERVING: CALORIES: 282, FAT: 11G, SATURATED FAT 7G, CHOLESTEROL: 55MG, SODIUM: 422MG, CARBOHYDRATES: 31G, FIBER: 2G, SUGARS: 2G, PROTEIN: 16G