Cuban-style Rice Bowl
YIELD: 6 SERVINGS PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES TOTAL TIME: 2 HOURS GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE, EGG-FREE, SOY-FREE, NUT-FREE, CORN-FREE
1 12–ounce package black
beans, rinsed 10 cups water, divided 1 cup green bell pepper,
finely chopped 1 cup sweet yellow onion,
finely chopped ¼ cup burgundy cooking wine ¼ cup ham, finely diced 2 bay leaves 2 garlic cloves, finely minced 2 tablespoons olive oil 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
For the salad: 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts 1 tablespoon olive oil ¼ teaspoon dried oregano ¼ teaspoon garlic powder ¼ teaspoon salt ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper 2 romaine hearts, chopped ¼ cup Parmesan cheese,
plus more if desired Gluten-free Caesar salad dressing
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil, grease with non stick spray and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the olive oil, thyme, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add the cubed bread and toss until evenly coated.
3. Arrange on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer and bake for 10 to 12 minutes until toasty and golden. Set aside.
4. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Lightly grease a broiler pan with nonstick spray.
5. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper. Rub the chicken breasts with this mixture.
6. Transfer to the prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes. Flip the chicken breasts and bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes or until juices run clear.
7. Divide the lettuce evenly among 2 serving plates. Cut the cooked chicken into strips and divide over the lettuce. Top with croutons, drizzle with Caesar salad dressing and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
NUTRITION PER SERVING: CALORIES: 545, FAT: 34G, SATURATED FAT 5G, CHOLESTEROL: 96MG, SODIUM: 711MG, CARBOHYDRATES: 25G, FIBER: 1G, SUGARS: 4G, PROTEIN: 32G