Steak Fajita Bowls
YIELD: 4 SERVINGS PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES TOTAL TIME: 2 HOURS 20 MINUTES
GLUTEN-FREE, EGG-FREE, SOY-FREE, NUT-FREE
For the steak: 1 pound skirt steak, cut into strips 1 small green bell pepper, sliced
lengthwise 1 small red bell pepper, sliced lengthwise 1 small yellow bell pepper, sliced
lengthwise ½ cup sweet yellow onion, finely chopped ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided 2 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce 1 tablespoon lime juice 1 garlic clove, peeled ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves ¼ teaspoon ground ginger ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
For the bowls: 4 cups cooked white rice 4-8 small gluten-free tortillas,
cut into triangles 1 plum tomato, chopped ¼ cup red onion, chopped 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped Guacamole Sour cream
1. Transfer the steak strips, bell peppers and onion into a glass dish. Set aside. 2. In the bowl of a food processor, combine ¼ cup olive oil, soy sauce, lime juice, garlic, cilantro, ginger and pepper and pulse until smooth, about 2 to 3 minutes. Drizzle this mixture over the steak, bell peppers and onion. Toss until evenly coated and cover with plastic wrap.
3. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before cooking.
4. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat and add the steak, leaving behind the bell peppers and onion in the glass dish. Make sure to drizzle remaining juices over the steak.
5. Cook steak strips, flipping occasionally, until browned and juices run clear, about 30 minutes. Add the bell peppers and onion and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until soft. Remove from heat and set aside.
6. Divide the rice evenly into serving bowls and insert some tortilla triangles on the side. Top rice with the steak and peppers.
7. In a small bowl, toss the chopped tomato, red onion and cilantro. Garnish over the steak and top with guacamole or sour cream before serving.
NUTRITION PER SERVING: CALORIES: 408, FAT: 35G, SATURATED FAT 8G, CHOLESTEROL: 74MG, SODIUM: 433MG, CARBOHYDRATES: 60G, FIBER: 4G, SUGARS: 3G, PROTEIN: 30G