1963-68: International Harvester C-line Trucks
In 1958 International began debuting a new line of sixcylinder diesels in several displacements, among them the D301. Displacing 301 cubic inches, it was the parent bore version of the sleeved D282 (282 ci) used in tractors and it was intended to be a lighter-duty variant for automotive use, among other applications. The engine was planned for the lower GVW end of the IH medium-duty truck and bus line but eventually it was developed into a special-order option for the IH light-truck line. The earliest known light trucks with D301s appeared in 1963 and the last in 1968. Though a relatively short and limited run, these are the first diesels available in a production American light truck.
International D301, 301ci inline six
1968 International 1100C half-ton standard longbed 4x2 pickup