ON OUR RADAR
Our winter roundup has something marvelous for everyone.
Get cozy with colorful kits and cool tools that make winter
a little brighter.
1. Hand-cut from upcycled vintage leather scraps, this luxe confetti is a colorful addition to any
party or tabletop. Each jar includes about 1/4 cup.
Leather confetti, $10;
2. Joining the sides of a box can be hard, especially for casual woodworkers. These plastic clips keep cabinets and bookcases connected at an exact 90-degree angle for perfect construction. EZ Corner Clips, $50 for a four-corner set;
3. No more fraying. Cut and seal ribbon ends in one simple step with this
clever heat tool. Make V shapes, angled cuts, and patterns for professionallooking hair accessories,
gift baskets, and home decor. BowVy Cutter, $40;
4. Learn the fine art of macramé with this stylish guide. Try your hand at one of the 33 featured
projects, including a hand-knotted light fixture
and driftwood wall art.
5. Protect an upright shrub or hedge from wind, snow, and animals with a zippered jacket. Resistant
to mildew, the UVprotective fabric allows water and air flow. TreeZip Cedar Jacket, starting
at $23; gardeners.com
6. These cross-stitch patterns aren’t your grandma’s typical embroidery project.
Each kit contains a quirky pattern, instructions, Aida cloth, a needle, and floss. Customize designs and add personal text with free on-site editing tools. Sugar Skull Embroidery Kit, $28;
7. Inspired by 19th- and 20th-century British art, the current lineup of Annie Sloan fabric features handpainted prints available in a variety of coordinating colorways. Dulcets, Tickings, and Tacits starting at $80/yard;
8. This smart deadbolt unlocks via Bluetooth
(or keypad or physical key, if desired). A mobile app makes it easy to give visitors a custom entry code and view a log of entries. Deadbolt 2S, $199;
9. Transform fabric into a paperlike material that’s easy to cut, sew, fold, and shape without fraying. Just spray, hang for a bit, and iron flat for craft-friendly fabric. 16-ounce with sprayer, $13;
10. Color your world (literally) with this oversize coloring sheet. Turn it into a tablecloth, make custom wallpaper, or just roll it out on the floor. Atlas XXL Giant Coloring Roll, $30;
11. Packaged in a beautiful slide box, this
beanie kit is ideal for gifting. The kit includes knitting needles and a ball of super-soft merino wool
in your choice of color.
Her Beanie DIY Kit, $65;
12. Wirelessly stream audio through your overhead lights. Retrofit recessed downlights and pair up to eight at a time
with music-streaming apps for a balanced sound
experience. Lithonia 6SL Speaker Downlight, $75;
13. Get a head start on spring! This grow light offers eight LEDs with brightness control and a three-setting timer to mimic natural sunlight. Included hardware makes hanging or mounting easy. Hang Anywhere Grow Light, $99;
19. Picture frames hang straight every time with
TapHanger. Use the included tool to tap tacks into the back of a frame,
then press directly into drywall. TapHanger, $13;
15. Add a little fun to your work space with this bright decal collection. The peel
and-stick adhesive offers easy, residue-free removal. Ban.do × Chasing Paper
Decals, starting at $15;
16. Turn felt into tiny faux succulents with this easy kit. Decorate pots with the included stickers, shade felt with chalk, and pot your adorable plants for maintenance-free decor. Craft Crush Felt Succulent Pots Kit, $18; annwilliamsgroup.com
17. Slide this ripstop polyester organizer over a standard milk crate for a multifunctional way to transport all you need. A slew of sleeves and pockets keeps smaller tools handy, while a big center compartment fits larger items. Crate Master Tool Organizer, $70;
18. This plant-based dishwashing sponge is handsewn and free of plastics, glue, chemical dyes, and artificial colors for a truly sustainable scrub. Dish Dumpling, $4;
Your childhood is hip again! This throwback flflair flair kit includes 18 pieces of printed shrink plastic, six colored pencils, and 18 lapel pin backs—enough to make personalized gifts and to keep a few pins for yourself.