4 Irresistible Treats
A lemonade stand needs lemonade, of course, but you can raise even more money by selling snacks too.
WATERMELON LEMONADE MAKES 1 GALLON • ABOUT 16 SERVINGS 2 5-lb. seedless watermelons, cubed 16 oz. bottled or fresh lemon juice ½-1 cup agave nectar Crushed ice (optional)
Working in batches, in a food processor or blender, combine the watermelon and lemon juice. Cover and process or blend until smooth. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve.
Transfer to an extra-large pitcher. Repeat with the remaining watermelon and lemon juice.
Stir in agave and chill. Serve over ice if desired. LEMONADE CHEX MIX MAKES 10 HALF-CUP SERVINGS 4 cups Chex cereal 2 Tbs. butter 2 Tbs. sugar ½ tsp. lemon extract 1 cup yogurt-covered raisins 1 cup reduced-sugar Craisins 1 cup white-chocolate chips Sprinkles
1. Heat oven to 300°F. Place cereal in a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
2. Heat butter and sugar in the microwave on high for 30 to 45 seconds, or until melted. Stir in extract to combine. Stir into cereal.
3. Bake 20 minutes, stirring halfway through. Let cool. Stir in raisins and Craisins.
4. Heat white chocolate in the microwave on high for 15-second intervals until melted. Spoon into a zip-top storage bag and seal. Cut off one corner; drizzle over the mix. Top with sprinkles and let cool.
5. Package as desired or store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
MINI LEMONADE CUPCAKES MAKES 24 1 box lemon or vanilla cake mix 1½ sticks unsalted butter, softened at room temperature 1 7-oz. jar marshmallow creme 1 Tbs. frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed (optional) ½-¾ cup powdered sugar ½ tsp. lemon extract
1. Prepare cake mix as mini cupcakes according to package directions. Let cool completely.
2. In an extra-large mixing bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium for 30 seconds. Add marshmallow creme and lemonade concentrate, if using. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in ½-¾ cup powdered sugar and the lemon extract to make a thick, spreadable frosting. 3. Frost cupcakes generously. MANGO LEMONADE GUMMIES MAKES 12 SERVINGS • ABOUT 2 DOZEN ½ cup mango cubes 1½ cups lemonade 3 oz. unflavored gelatin
1. Add mango and lemonade to a blender. Cover. Blend until smooth.
2. Place the mixture in a large, microwave-safe bowl. Sprinkle with gelatin; whisk. Let stand 5 minutes. Microwave on high for 1 to 1½ minutes to dissolve gelatin. Stop and whisk every 15 seconds.
3. Pour mixture into silicone molds or a plastic-wrap-lined 8x8x2-in. baking pan. Cover top of pan with waxed paper. Chill 2 to 3 hours.
4. Release gummies from molds, or lift mixture from pan and invert onto a cutting board; carefully pull back plastic wrap. Cut into squares. Chill to store.