Holy Redeemer Celebrate Art Show will take place Nov. 3 and 4 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the ProvinJ cialate of the Sisters of the Holy oedeemer, RO1 MoreJ don ooad, Huntingdon salJ ley. An opening reception will take place Nov. O from R to 9 p.m. A lecture by oobert tittman, author of “PriceJ less” will take place Nov. 3 at 6W30 p.m. Art show is free; lecture is A40. For more information, call O1RJ914J 4148.
Orchard Artworks presJ ents Bryn Athyn watercolors by Frank oose through Oct. O8. See the special beauty of Pennypack Creek tastJ ershed and T0 years of its changing scenes. Hours are Friday and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and SunJ day from 1 to 4 p.m. InforJ mation and directions www. orchardartworks.org or O1RJ 94TJ988O.
Orchard Artworks will present “The Artful Home,” D JrRuS VKRw IHDWurLnJ finH crafts and paintings by memJ ber artists, which includes ceramics, wood, textiles, glass, paper and canvas. The exhibit will run Nov. 4 to O6. Hours are Friday and SaturJ day from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sunday from 1 to 4 p.m. Information and directions www.orchardartworks.org or O1RJ94TJ988O. Abington Free Library Adult Literacy Program. Free tuJ toring is provided to adults who are unable to read, or are learning English as a secJ ond language, or need to imJ prove their writing or math skills. Call oob Naborn at O1RJ88RJR183 or eJmail him at email@example.com.
InformationW O1RJ88RJ R180; www.abingtonfreeliJ brary.org.
East Cheltenham Free Library, 400 Myrtle Ave., Cheltenham, will hold the followingW
• Storytime for children ages 1 to O will be held MonJ days at 10W30 a.m. for ages 3 to R Tuesdays at 10W30 a.m.
• Toddler Classes for ages birth through 3 take place Mondays at 10W30 a.m.
• Preschool Classes for ages 3 to R take place TuesJ days at 10W30 a.m.
• Babies Bop will take place Saturdays at 10W30 a.m. for ages birth to O.
InformationW O1RJ3T9J O0TT; eastcheltenham@ mclinc.org.
• Elkins Park Free Library, R63 E. Church ooad, Elkins Park will hold the folJ lowingW
• Once Upon a Storytime for ages 3 to R takes place tednesdays at 10W30 a.m.
• Read to the Dogs will take place Oct. O4 at 4W30 p.m. for readers up to age 10.
• Landscaping Indoors with Colorful and Flowering Houseplants will take place Oct. O4 at T p.m. MasJ ter gardener Mary Mchnight will present the program.
• Halloween Party with Special Guest will take place Oct. O9 at 6W30 p.m. for ages 4 and up. Science experiments with particiJ pants, while telling the story of “Sundown on Sycamore Street,” will be featured.
• Teensy Tales Storytime for ages 1 to O takes place Tuesdays at 10W30 a.m.
InformationW O1RJ63RJ R000.
Glenside Free Library, O1R S. heswick Ave., dlenJ side will hold the followingW
• Classroom Adventure Stories for ages 3 and up will take place Oct. OR at 6W30 p.m. Slightly spooky stories will be read.
• Parachute Play for ages O to 4 will take place ThursJ days at 4 p.m. MovementJ based storytime designed to GHYHORS finH DnG JrRVV PRWRr skills.
• Toddler Storytime for ages 1 to O will take place Mondays at 10W30 a.m.
• Preschool Storytime for ages 3 to R will take place Tuesdays at 10W30 a.m.
• English Language and Civics Classes take place Mondays and Thursdays at 6 p.m.
Roslyn Branch Library, O41O Avondale Ave., oosJ lyn, will present the followJ ing eventsW
• Mercy Watson Series program will take place Nov. R from 6W30 to TW30 p.m. for ages R to 8.
• Saturday Morning Computer Classes take place Oct. OT, Nov. 3, 10, 1T, Dec. 1, 8 and 1R from 11 a.m. to noon. Sessions cover basic computer skills, the Internet, email and MiJ crosoft tord. Call library to register.
• Preschool Story Times will take place now through Nov. O9. Ages 3 to 6 will meet on Mondays at 1W30 p.m.; ages O to 3 on ThursJ days at 11 a.m. oegistration has begun.
• Baby Days will be held Tuesday at 11 a.m. on the following datesW Nov. 13 and O0, Dec. 4 and 11. Babies and their caregivers will sing songs, read stories and do finJHr SODyV. 3rRJrDP LV IRr babies R months to O years. oegistration is underway.
• Pajama Parties will take place Mondays from 6W30 to T p.m. on the following datesW Nov. 1O and Dec. 10. oegistration is underway.
• Free eBooks are availJ able to download at abingJ tonfreelibrary.org. Audio books are also available.
• Teens Sought to creJ
O1RJ88RJ ate and lead programs for elementary age children. Possible ideas include skits, games and creative writing. This is ongoing and you will be awarded service hours for your time.
InformationW O1RJ886J 9818; abingtonfreelibrary. org.
Elkins CHADD Parkinson’s (PUPS) meets the fourth Tuesday of the month from 1 to OW30 p.m. in the community room at Super diant, 31R vork ooad, tillow drove, PA 19090. For more information or to oSsP, call Lorna at O1RJ R4OJO931. kins Park. Classical, country C western, bluegrass, jazz, Israeli, rock and more will be featured. Cost is AOR for adults, A10 for children and students; and free for veterJ ans and active service perJ sonnel. An optional lunch for A10 will also be offered. For more information, call O1RJ88TJ8T00. Nov. 6 from 8W30 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the oowland ComJ munity Center, 400 Myrtle Ave., Cheltenham. ProJ FHHGV EHnHfiW WKH OLErDry.
Congregation Adath Jeshurun will hold the folJ lowingW
• Mah-Jongg tednesdays, 9 noon.
• Yoga Classes for all levels take place Friday mornings at 10W30 a.m.
• Zumba Fitness, tednesday evenings at RW30 and Friday mornings at 9W30 a.m.
• Cook For A Friend seeks friends to volunteer to prepare meals for those in need. CFAF meets once a month on a weekday eveJ ning and once a month on a weekday morning.
InformationW O1RJ63RJ 6611.
Briar Bush Nature Center, 1O1O Edge Hill ooad, Abington will hold the folJ lowingW
• Magic Mornings take place tednesdays, ThursJ days and Fridays, 10W30 to 11W30 a.m., for age O to 3 with an adult. Cost is A10, AR additional child
InformationW O1RJ88TJ 6603; www.briarbush.org.
Glenside Contra Dance will hold instruction at TW30 p.m. and dance from 8 to 11 p.m., Thursdays, at dlenJ side Memorial Hall, at the of heswick and taverly avenues with the exception of major holidays. Cost is AT. For more information visit www.thursdaycontra. com
Glenside United Church of Christ, O160 tharton ooad, dlenside, will hold the followingW
• Youth Choir rehearsals for ages 10 to 1T take place Mondays, RW4R to 6W4R p.m. The artistic director is gudy Alpren.
InformationW 1819. is held a.m. to