Oregon’s Hailey Oster
Camas, WA. Handicap: 1.1
1. WHEN DID YOU BEGIN PLAYING GOLF AND HOW DID YOU LEARN?
I started playing golf around four years old. I learned from my dad & began lessons when I was seven years old.
2. TELL ME ABOUT ONE OF YOUR MOST TREASURED LESSONS ON THE GOLF COURSE?
One of my most treasured lessons on the golf course was when I started off rough at the beginning of the round but made a comeback with shooting my best round.
3. WHAT HAVE YOU LEARNED ABOUT YOURSELF THROUGH THE GAME OF GOLF?
I’ve learned that hard work is the key to success. Golf has really shaped me into the person I am today with the patience, strength, and consistency it takes.
4. WHAT DO YOU ENJOY MOST ABOUT THE GAME OF GOLF?
I enjoy the challenge of golf and how you can always improve in some part of your game.
5. WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS FOR AFTER HIGH SCHOOL?
I'm hoping to play Division 1 golf at a four-year university.
6. WHAT ADVICE WOULD YOU GIVE BEGINNING GOLFERS LOOKING TO TAKE UP THE SPORT?
I would tell them that if they have patience and the will to always work hard, then golf is for them!
7. WHAT HAS BEEN THE GREATEST LESSON YOU HAVE LEARNED BY PARTICIPATING IN OREGON JUNIOR GOLF?
I’ve learned that you can compete against friends that you have played with for years in a competitive way!
8. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE GOLF COURSE IN THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST?
My favorite course in the Pacific Northwest is Waverley and Crosswater.
9. WHAT HAS BEEN THE HIGHLIGHT OF YOUR GOLF CAREER?
My highlight of my golf career is receiving a hole in one and making the all-region team for high school golf.