PTA issues military training advisory for May
Military units are scheduled to conduct various types of training Pohakuloa Training Area in May that might be heard or observed by surrounding communities.
This monthly schedule is produced to alert neighbors of upcoming training activities that are louder in nature and might be heard or noticed outside the military installation, said PTA public affairs officer Eric Hamilton.
The information is provided for general awareness and might not include all training activity. Times and dates are subject to change.
• May 1, Army. Direct-fire artillery with cannon fire and explosions in the impact area.
• May 1-21, Army. Machine-gun gunnery.
• May 5-7, Army. Helicopter gunnery; noise from aircraft and weaponry; multiple aircraft will fly concurrently during these three days. Field artillery live-fire training with explosions in the impact area.
• May 12-21, Army. Mortar live-fire training with explosions at the southern end of the impact area.
• May 21-31, Army. Machine-gun gunnery.
• May 29-31, Army. Helicopter gunnery; noise from aircraft and weaponry.
“The military in Hawaii appreciates the understanding and continued support of its local military training,” Hamilton said. “While sometimes loud, the sounds and sights of training demonstrate how the military ensures that its service members are ready to accomplish the mission and return home safely.”
To report concerns related to noise or training, contact Hamilton at 969-1966 or eric.m.hamilton6.civ@ mail.mil. For monthly PTA training updates, email eric.m.hamilton6.civ@mail. mil with the subject line: “Subscribe Training.”