Man due in court in as­sault of ex-boyfriend

Honolulu Star-Advertiser - - LOCAL - ——— Star-Ad­ver­tiser staff

A 28-year-old man is await­ing trial on charges he as­saulted his ex-boyfriend over cell­phone ser­vice.

Wes Silva, due next in Cir­cuit Court on Mon­day, has been charged with abuse of a fam­ily or house­hold mem­ber and sec­ond-de­gree as­sault. He was be­ing held at the Oahu Com­mu­nity Cor­rec­tional Cen­ter in lieu of $30,000 bail.

On April 29, Silva ap­proached his 28-year-old former boyfriend at a bus stop in front of 224 Queen Emma St. in down­town Honolulu, a po­lice af­fi­davit said.

Silva be­gan yelling about the can­cel­la­tion of the men’s cell­phone ser­vice and grabbed the other man’s arm, in­jur­ing him, po­lice said. Silva then wrapped a lan­yard around the man’s arm and pulled, in­jur­ing him again, the af­fi­davit said.

Silva had been in a ro­man­tic re­la­tion­ship with the vic­tim for about a year, but in March the vic­tim ob­tained a re­strain­ing order against Silva, the af­fi­davit said. Of­fi­cers ar­rested Silva on May 4 at a Kal­ihi apart­ment.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from USA

© PressReader. All rights reserved.