Jeep News & Rumors
• The first Jeep hybrid will be the Renegade? • The ’18 Jeep Wrangler and ’19 Cherokee have their ad slogans. The Wrangler is getting “Freedom & Adventure,” while the Cherokee will go with “The World Comes With It.” Watch here: youtube.com/jeep. • Hope you haven’t had your hopes up for the all-new Wrangler JL to have those cutout half-doors that Jeep teased us with upon reveal in 2017.
• Is Fiat Chrysler going to stop making diesel models by 2022—but keep on keeping on with production in the U.S. after that date, including the Jeep Wrangler?
• DragTimes pitted a Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk against a Tesla Model X. How’d 707 horses do against 259 horses? Answer here: bit.ly/2G0hgPl. • Sergio Marchionne, the bigwig at Fiat Chrysler since 2009, will no longer be CEO come April 2019. Mike Manley, the current CEO of Jeep, is one of the frontrunners for the gig.
• As if Jeep reaching cult status is news. But it is, because it’s official: The Gathering (Society of Cult Brands) gave Jeep the nod as a 2018 Cult Brand—so far, the only automotive brand to get that.
• Has Jeep now produced more than 25,000 models of the Compass in India? • Will the interior of the new three-row Jeep be nothing like the Grand Cherokee’s? • Who got the ’18 Customer First Award for Excellence nod? 468 of Fiat Chrysler dealerships, including Jeep-based ones. Every one of the 2,600 dealerships is eligible each year.