Skill Level: Confident Beginner Materials
• 10" x 10" piece 32- count old England linen by Nikyscreations*
• One skein each DMC® or Sullivans® USA six-strand embroidery floss*
• Size 26 tapestry needle *See Where to Find It on page 62.
Stitch Count: 55H x 47W Design Size: 31/2" x 3"
Instructions: Cross stitch over two threads using two strands of floss.
Finishing Materials & Instructions
• 8" x 10" piece coordinating fabric for pillow back
• 6" length twisted cording*
• 2 (5/8") coordinating buttons *Twisted- Cording Instructions appear on page 62.
Press stitched piece from reverse side and straighten as much as possible. Trim stitched piece to 1" from stitching along all edges.
Cut three pieces of coordinating fabric as follows: two strips 11/2" x 51/2" for pillow front; one piece 7"x 5" for pillow back. For pillow front, stitch smaller pieces to top and bottom edges of stitched piece using 1/4" seam allowance. Trim pillow front to 7"x 5".
With right sides together, stitch pillow front to pillow back using 1/4" seam allowance and leaving an opening for turning. Turn pillow right side out and press seams. Stuff with fiberfill.
Using a hand-sewing needle and coordinating thread, blind-stitch opening closed. Attach buttons in upper corners and add twistedcording hanger, referring to photograph for placement.
An urn of flowers adorns this delightful primitive creation from Nicoletta Farrauto.