Skill Level: Intermediate
• 8" x 8" piece 32-count blush linen from Weeks Dye Works™
• Sullivans® USA six-strand embroidery floss
• 24" pompom trim
• 4" wooden embroidery hoop
• Sulky® Stick ’n Stitch self-adhesive water-soluble printable stabilizer
• Aleene’s Stop Fraying seam sealant
• Size 24 tapestry needle
Design Size: 4" x 4"
Instructions: Following manufacturer’s instructions throughout, scan and copy the design onto water-soluble stabilizer. Affix stabilizer to fabric.
Stitch design using six strands of floss unless indicated otherwise, referring to diagram and photo throughout.
For French knots, use six strands of floss for larger knots and three strands of floss for smaller knots, and wrap floss around needle twice.
For small backstitches within tree outline, use three strands of floss.
Rinse away stabilizer; lay stitched piece flat to dry. Lay stitched piece facedown on a thick towel and press from wrong side as needed to smooth.
Mount stitched design in embroidery hoop. Trim excess fabric and treat cut edges with seam sealant; let dry.
Glue pompom trim around edges of embroidery hoop, forming a hanging loop at the top of ornament.