Man gets burned working on truck
CHURCH HILL — Matthew Walsh was airlifted to the Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center in Baltimore on Saturday, Sept. 9 for treatment of burns to his hands, arms and face.
The Office of the Maryland State Fire Marshal described the injuries as non-life-threatening.
Investigators reported that Walsh was working on the carburetor of a 1974 Ford F700 dump truck at 720 Carville Road when gasoline vapors ignited.
A handful of firefighters from the Church Hill Volunteer Fire Company answered the 11:18 a.m. alarm. The fire already was extinguished when firefighters arrived, according to a news release from the fire marshal’s office.