The Buck Starts Here

Log Home Living - - FROM THE FIELD -

In modern log home con­struc­tion, a win­dow open­ing will have what’s called a “buck,” which is a stick-framed box at­tached to the log walls al­low­ing the logs to slide while the win­dow it­self stays static. Older log homes may not have win­dow bucks, how­ever. If yours does not, you’ll want to in­stall them so that there’s a flat sur­face for the new win­dows to at­tach to, ver­sus try­ing to at­tach the win­dow to the logs them­selves.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from USA

© PressReader. All rights reserved.