SPRING MEANS IT’S TIME TO START EXPLORING AMERICA’S MOST MAGNIFICENT ATTRACTION: THE GREAT OUTDOORS. PAIR YOUR HOMEGROWN EXPERIENCES WITH THESE AMERICAN-MADE PRODUCTS.
1. MINI MAGLITE Keep this tiny-yetpowerful flashlight on hand in case the lights go out. Maglite products are designed and manufactured in California, and they have been since 1979.
2. DULUTH PACK ROLL-TOP SCOUT BACKPACK Made with riveted leather reinforcements and 15-oz. canvas, this bag can take a beating, and it only looks better with age. $165; duluthpack.com
3. PENDLETON NATIVE AMERICANINSPIRED BLANKETS For more than a century, Pendleton has produced blankets using Native American designs. This twin-size wool and cotton blanket is a reproduction of a vintage
$249; pendleton -usa.com
4. GRAND TRUNK DOUBLE TRUNKTECH HAMMOCK This small, packable hammock can be unfurled and ready for lounging in seconds. It weighs less than 16 ozs. and holds 400 lbs. $119; grandtrunk.com
5. SHOAL FLOATING TENT Giving new meaning to the word waterbed, this tent sits atop a raft. We recommend anchoring it before dozing off. $1,499; smithfly .myshopify.com
6. L.L. BEAN BOOTS Everyone’s favorite rain boots are made in Maine and have been keeping feet dry since 1912. Designed by L.L. Bean himself, these have rubber bottoms and leather uppers for comfort, warmth and waterproofing. $129; llbean.com