McDonald County Commission Minutes
• The McDonald County Commission signed and approved accounts payable/ payroll checks in the amount of $359,537.03.
• Brandy Mathews and Sandra Steinle met with the Commission to discuss Mink Road, east of Goodman. The Commission said Jerry Mullins, Road and Bridge foreman, will review the issue.
• Gary Anderson spoke to the Commission about Saratoga Springs Road, between Noel and Southwest City.
• The Commission signed and approved accounts payable checks in the amount of $48,594.75.
• Barbara Graham met with the Commission regarding Graham Road, south of Noel.
• Joseph Ross discussed accessing a creek on county property.
• Gary Anderson met with the Commission again to speak about Saratoga Springs Road.
• Chris Todd met with the Commission to discuss Flat Springs Road near Powell. The Commission told Todd the Road and Bridge Department will take a look at the road.
• The Commission met with Brenda Henderson regarding Town Hollow Road, southeast of Anderson.
• Tamiko Exford, FEMA Intergovernmental Affairs, introduced herself to the Commission.
• Joseph Moore, Verizon field representative, met with the Commission to present an proposal to lease land in McDonald County for a Verizon cell tower.
• The Commission signed and approved checks in the amount of $531.50.
• Jerry Mullins, Road and Bridge foreman, discussed the county Road and Bridge Department and which county roads are to be maintained and how frequently. The color code system was reiterated.
Blue road signs without a brown or green sticker will not be maintained by the county.
Blue road signs with a brown sticker will be maintained on a regular cycle.
Blue road signs with a green sticker will be maintained periodically throughout the year.
This system is used for graded roads only and will not be used for hard-surfaced roads in the county.
After discussion, Commissioner Keith Lindquist made a motion stating McDonald County will not cross cattle guards to provide road maintenance nor will the county grade private roads. The motion passed.
• The Commission signed and approved accounts payable checks/payroll in the amount of $391,464.77.
• Mr. and Mrs. Burl Frazier discussed their situation with the Commission. The Commission stated they have no authority or power to intervene in city or village contractual agreements with citizens. Also in attendance was Bill Dobbs, McDonald County prosecuting attorney.
• The Commission drove Moore Road, near Powell, and Low Gap Road, near Noel. Both roads had blue road signs without a brown or green sticker; therefore, the county does not maintain either road.