McDonald County Commission Minutes
• The Commission red the Prescription Drug Monitoring Program Ordinance 2017-01 with the Health Department.
• John Feistner, representative with Natural Resource Conservation Services, met with Commissioners to discuss potential NRCS bank stabilization projects in the future.
• Sam Thao met with the Commission regarding the condition of Low Gap Road, southeast of Noel. After a discussion, Eastern Commissioner John Bunch motioned to assign Low Gap Road two gradings per year on the road maintenance schedule. Motion passed.
• Leslie Smith met with the Commission and Assessor, Laura Pope. Mr. Smith’s issue was revolved without the input of the Board of Equalization.
• Eastern Commissioner John Bunch made a motion to enter into Board of Equalization meeting. Motion passed unanimously. The board elected Presiding Commissioner Keith Lindquist as the meeting’s chairman.
Lindquist addressed the appeal of Diane E. Matthew. After speaking with Mrs. Matthew, the board discussed reevaluation. Assessor Laura Pope stated she would conduct a site visit if Mrs. Matthew would agree to give her access to do so. All were in agreement.
• The Commission opened bids for bridge projects at Reagan Hollow, southwest of Noel, and Klondike Road, northwest of Anderson. Commissioners unanimously voted to accept bids from Granger Dirtworks on both bridges.
• The Commission signed and approved checks payable in the amount of $31,025.13.
• Ken Mata, with Morton Buildings, met with Commissioners to discuss the jail facility remodel and expansion.
• Lynn Tatum, with the McDonald County Historical Society, requested authorization from the Commission to apply for National Registry status for the Old Jail and old Sheriff’s house. Commissioners aggred to allow Mrs. Tatum to move forward with the application process.
• The Commission reviewed various roads in the county.