Homecoming 2017 is Friday when the Mustangs take on Mount Vernon at 7 p.m.
T-shirts, at cost of $12, are available from any varsity cheerleader or at the school office.
A number of activities were planned leading up to the football game.
The parade was at 7 p.m. Wednesday. During the school day, students were encourage to participate in theme days:
• Monday was ’Merica Day, dress in red, white and blue
• Tuesday was Frat Day, best khakis and button downs or polos were worn.
• Wednesday was Farmers Day, when favorite pair of overalls and plaid shirts were worn.
• Thursday is Scrabble Day, wear the first letter of your name on your shirt
• Friday is Spirit Day, wear your homecoming shirt or other favorite MCHS mascot gear.
McDonald County High School will host the Mount Vernon Mountaineers for its 2017 football homecoming game on Friday, Sept. 15. The game will start at 7 p.m. with the crowning of the queen held prior to opening kickoff.The homecoming candidates and attendants are: front row from left, Senior queen candidates Cloee Helm, Megan Mills and Kayla Reece; and, back row from left, attendants Rylee Bradley (freshman), Carmen Wahleithner (sophomore) and Brookelynn Cooper (junior).