Local Sites Earn HTA Support
The city has announced Hawaii Tourism Authority grants for dozens of Oahu nonprofits to support their 2010 events and projects that “stimulate and diversify tourism.”
“The grant awards help provide residents and visitors with opportunities to enjoy traditional cultural events and unique new experiences,” said Mayor Mufi Hannemann. “As always, we had many more requests for support than we had money” ($350,000 out of $1.7 million requested).
Below are the Central Oahu area recipients.
• Haleiwa Arts Festival, annual event, $10,000
• North Shore Chamber of Commerce, North Shore Heritage & farm tours, $5,000
• Hiipaka, Film Series on the Ahupuaa of Waimea Valley, $5,000
• Polynesian Cultural Center, cultural events, $10,000
• Sustain Hawaii, North Shore Crop Festivals, $12,000
• Hawaii United Okinawa Association, annual Okinawan Festival, $10,000.