Central Oahu Highlights
Below are highlights of what’s happening in Central Oahu. Please fax items one week ahead of publication date to 247-7246 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. The next edition comes out Oct. 27.
• Kaala Elementary invites the public to its School Community meeting Oct. 14: 5:45 p.m. for pizza dinner, and 6:15 for program. Child care is provided. Call 622-6366, ext. 228.
• Hawaii Blood Bank has donor drives from 7 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Oct. 15 in Waialua High gym, and 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Oct. 16 at Alii Beach Medical Group, 66-214 Haleiwa Road. Call 845-9966.
• Haleiwa Jodo Mission’s YBA Craft Fair is from 9 a.m. to 2
BUDDHIST CRAFTS p.m. Oct. 16 at 66-279A Haleiwa Road, with favorite foods. Call 637-4382.
• OUTREACH Pacific Islands Bible Church starts a free weekly outreach at 6 p.m. Oct. 16 to strengthen the community and reach out to young adults and families via coffee, music and meeting people. Call 625-0411.
• CENTRAL TOURS Friends of Honolulu Botanical Gardens visit at Kaena Point at 9 a.m. Oct. 16 from Dillingham Air Field to learn its history and visits Waimea Valley at 10 a.m. Oct. 23. Call 537-1708 for fees and details.
• Julian and Friends have a jam session from 2 to 6 p.m. Oct. 17 at Kainoa’s Sports Bar in Haleiwa. Call 637-7787.
NEIGHBORS Whitmore Neighborhood Board meets at 7 p.m. Oct. 18 at Whitmore Gym, Mililani Mauka-Launani Valley meets at 7 p.m. Oct. 19 at Mililani Mauka Elementary (to discuss the proposed affordable housing on commercial land), North Shore at 7 p.m. Oct. 26 in John Kalili Surf Center, and Mililani-Waipio-Melemanu at 7:30 p.m. Oct. 27 in Mililani Rec Center 3. Call 768-3710.
• First Wind LLC seeks a permit for an additional North Shore wind power facility, this time on Kawailoa Plantation land, to generate up to 70 megawatts of power. A 30-day public comment period began Sept. 23. Call consultant CH2M HILL Inc. at 943-1133.
• GARDEN CLUB Mililani Garden Club meets at 9:30
WIND FARM PLAN a.m. Oct. 21 at Mililani Rec Center VI. Call 625-8789.
Laie’s Mormon temple is open to the public for rare tours Oct. 22-23, 25-30 and Nov. 1-6 and 8-13. Call 866-537-8457.
• Wahiawa United Methodist Church has a bazaar and swap meet from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Oct. 23, with produce, crafts, homemade items and bargains of all kinds. For vendor stalls, call 622-4361.
• RECYCLING Kaneolani Elementary School has a recycling drive from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m Oct. 23 at 94-1091 Oli Loop, accepting metal, paper, appliances, batteries and much more. Call 306-1876.
• STATE ID Residents can apply for state ID cards from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Oct. 23 in
• TEMPLE TOURS
CHURCH BAZAAR Mililani High cafeteria. Fee is $15 cash, or $10 cash for ages 65 and older. Call 587-3111.
• DOLE FUN Dole Plantation Family Fun Day is from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Oct. 23, with local entertainers, food, crafts, prizes, book signings, school booths and discounts on the maze, garden tour and Pineapple Express. Call 220-4981.
The Hawaii Spirit Music Festival is from 1 to 9 p.m. Oct. 23 at Turtle Bay Resort. Call 550-8457.
• MUSIC FEST