Central Oahu Highlights
• LIBRARIES CLOSED All area public libraries are closed Aug. 17 in observance of Statehood Day. Call 8316877.
• BLOOD DRIVES Hawaii Blood Bank has donor drives from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. Aug. 17 and 18 at Mililani Town Center. Call 848-4770.
• BON DANCES Mililani Hongwanji Mission’s obon celebration is at 7 p.m. Aug. 17 and 18 at 95-257 Kaloapau St. Call 625-0925.
• ROYAL MUSIC The Royal Hawaiian Band performs at noon Aug. 18 at Mililani Town Center. Call 922-5331.
• PET BLESSING Christ Lutheran Church has its annual Pet Blessing Aug. 19 during its 10:30 a.m. service in Mililani. All animals are welcome, and Pastor David Kieffer will do the blessing. Call 623-9229.
• WAHIAWA HIKE The Hawaiian Trail & Mountain Club leads a 14- mile advanced hike on the Schofield-Waikane Trail at 7 a.m. Aug. 19. Go to htmclub.org.
• KANIKAPILA Waimea Valley sponsors a kanikapila from 1 to 4 p.m. Aug. 19, and on the third Sunday of each month in the park pavilion. Call 638-7766.
• NEIGHBORHOOD BOARDS WahiawaWhitmore Village Neighborhood Board meets at 7 p.m. Aug. 20 at Wahiawa District Park, Mililani Mauka-Launani Valley meets at 7 p.m. Aug. 21 at Mililani Mauka Elementary, MililaniWaipio-Melemanu meets at 7:30 p.m. Aug. 22 at Mililani Rec Center III, and North Shore meets at 7 p. m. Aug. 28 at Haleiwa Elementary cafeteria. Call 768-3710.
• MEETING DOGS Hawaii Dog Foundation hosts a “meet and greet” session with its adoptable dogs from noon to 2 p.m. Aug. 25 at Mililani Mauka Dog Park, 95- 1069 Ukuwai St. Call 7828387.
• GARDEN CONTEST Deadline is Sept. 30 to enter the Wahiawa Town Garden Revival contest, a months- long beautification project sponsored by Wahiawa Historical Society with cash prizes for the best yard in five categories. Entry forms are at Wahiawa Library and at Wahiawa Botanical Garden. Call 621-0043.
• WAIALUA ART Waialua Library’s annual adult art show, which opened Aug. 9, features “interpretations of life as we know it” by area residents Dante Brown, Erin Delventhal, Margaret and Owen Loof, and Quenda Jan Shults. The exhibit continues through Sept. 21. Call 637-8286.
• PREP FOOTBALL Hawaii State Jr. Prep Sports Association is accepting football registration for the fall season for grades 4-6 and 7-8, with teams based in Wahiawa, Waikele and elsewhere. Go to hawaiistatejrprep.com or call 692-3589.
• AEROBIC DANCE Malia Delapenia offers the aerobic dance class, Shimmy Fitness, at 7:15 p.m. Mondays at Mililani Rec Center I for MTA members and the public. Call 234-1006.
• SUP YOGA
Judy Kosaka conducts SUP Yoga (yoga on a stand up paddle board) at 9:30 a.m. Sundays at Anahulu Stream in Haleiwa for $ 10 per lesson ( bring your own board). Other training also is available. Call Aloha SUP Yoga at 627- 9444 or email email@example.com.
• CONSERVATION The Oahu Army Natural Resource Program welcomes volunteers for its service trips and environmental outreach projects in the Waianae and Koolau mountains to control invasive weeds and more. Call Kim or Celeste at 656-7741.
• WAIALUA WRITERS The Waialua Library writers group meets at 11 a.m. on the second Saturday of each month at the library. Call 6378286.
• GROUP YOGA Judy Kosaka conducts group yoga classes at 7 p.m. Tuesdays in Mililani Rec Center 6 for MTA members ($ 10) and guests ($11). Call 627-9444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• POLO SEASON Hawaii Polo Club hosts