Central Oahu Highlights
matches at 2 p.m. each Sunday through Sept. 2 with teams from Hawaii and all over the globe. Off the field is live music, food, dancing and skydiving shows. Admission is $10 general, $7 military. Gates open at 11 a.m. for tailgating. Call 3434788.
• NORTH SHORE MARKET The North Shore Country Market runs from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays at Sunset Beach Elementary School, selling Hawaii-made items exclusively. Vendors are welcome. Call 673-3296.
• WAIALUA FARMERS CO-OP The Waialua Farmers Co- op Market sells local produce, plants and more from 4:30 to 7 p.m. Wednesdays and 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays at Waialua Sugar Mill. Call 637-4439.
• WAHIAWA MARKET A farmers market is open from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. each Thursday in the Wahiawa Hongwanji Mission parking lot at 1067 California Ave. Visit wahiawacdbo.org.
• WAIPIO MARKET Kaiser Waipio Clinic hosts a “fresh day” market of healthy food and produce from 9 a.m. to noon each Wednesday at 94-1480 Moaniani St. Call 4322270.
• MILILANI MARKET Mililani High School hosts a Farmers Market from 8 to 11 a.m. Sundays in the gym parking lot. Call 848-2074.
• CITY MARKETS The People’s Open Market sells produce on Tuesdays from 10 to 11 a.m. at Wahiawa District Park and from 11:45 a.m. to 12: 30 p. m. at Mililani District Park. Call 5227088.
• WOOD CARVING Kahu Butch Helemano conducts free wood-carving classes every Sunday at Waimea Valley. Call 292-4292.
• AIKIDO Mililani Aikido Club practices Tuesday and Thursday nights at Mililani District Park gym. Call 623-8937.
• KAHUKU MUSIC Hang Ten at Turtle Bay Resort has live music from 5 to 8 p.m. several weeknights and weekend dates each month. Call 779-5546.
• PADDLE FITNESS Rainbow Watersports offers Stand Up Paddle Fitness classes Saturdays at Haleiwa Bay. Call 3729304.
• HULA Kumu hula Ali‘i Manu conducts noncompetitive hula classes (auana, kahiko and the aloha spirit) for the community at 7 p.m. Tuesdays at Mililani Uka Elementary School. Men and women ages 15 and up are welcome. Call 478-2400.
Patrick Delos Santos offers Kali Escrima classes in Filipino self-defense (stick fighting) at 6: 30 p. m. Wednesdays and 9:30 a.m. Saturdays at Mililani Waena Elementary School. Fee is $50 per month. Call 398-0119.
• YOGA North Shore Yoga Co- op has yoga classes for all ages at the Weinberg Community Center in Waialua. Donations are appreciated. Call 561-9639 or go to northshoreyoga.org.
• CHILDREN’S COUNCIL The Central District Community Children’s Council meets at 6 p.m. on the third Wednesday of each month at Leilehua Golf Course dining area. All parents of children with special needs are welcome. Call 586-5363.
• FIT MOMS Strollerstrides offers a fitness program for mothers who can get in shape, accompanied by their young children. Classes are 8:45-10 a.m. Tuesday and Thursday at Central Oahu Regional Park. Call 258-0402 or go to strollerstrides.com.
• ART WALK The monthly Haleiwa Art Walk runs from 5 to 9 p.m. on the last Saturday of each month in Haleiwa town, featuring sales, activities and events hosted by dozens of merchants. Call 637-4558.