Central Oahu Highlights
at Church of the Crossroads. Bring air mattress and waterproof bag. Call 5386616 or email email@example.com.
• ROYAL PSYCHICS The Royal Hawaiian Band entertains at noon May 11 at Mililani Town Center during the center’s annual Psychic Fair, which runs from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. May 11 and 12. Call 6250108.
• MEETING DOGS Hawaii Dog Foundation has “meet and greet” sessions for its adoptable dogs from noon to 2 p.m. May 11 and 25 at Mililani Mauka Dog Park. Call 782-8387.
• POLO Hawaii Polo Club hosts a China v. Hawaii match at 2 p.m. May 12, and Wealth Strategy Partners v. Equus Hotel at 2 p.m. May 19 at Mokuleia polo field. Admission is $25, $10 or $8, with ages 12 and under admitted free. Gates open at 11 a.m. Call 226-0061.
• MAY DAY Hale Kula Elementary on Schofield Barracks invites the public to its May Day pageant, set for 9 a.m. May 15 on the theme “Children around the World.” Call 622-6380.
• DANCE TRIBUTE Mililani YWCA family fun night features a spring recital, Tribute to Dance, from 6 to 8 p.m. May 17 at Mililani Town Center, with classes in creative movement, jazz, ballet, tap, hiphop and hula. Call 6251040.
• PINEAPPLE RUN Central Oahu Chief Petty Officer Association sponsors its 38th annual 10K Wahiawa Pineapple Run at 7 a.m. May 18, starting and ending at Kaala Elementary School, with a free pineapple for all runners. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or xall 223-9370.
• BOOK SALE The Friends of Waialua Library has its monthly book sale from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. May 18. Call 637-8286.
• BOTBALL Hanalani Schools hosts the Botball Regional Competition from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. May 18 in Mililani. Call 6250737.
• GARDEN CLASS Oahu Resource Conservation and Development Council and Pioneer HiBred host a gardening workshop on vegetables and herbs at 9 a.m. May 18 at Pioneer’s Kunia research site. Donation is $5. Call 622-9026.
• BLOOD DRIVES Hawaii Blood Bank has donor drives at Mililani Town Center (near Tesoro) from 7 a.m. to 1:45 p.m. May 18, 7-10:45 a.m. May 25, and 7 a.m.-12:45 p.m. May 27. 848-4770.
• KANIKAPILA Waimea Valley hosts Kanikapila Sunday from 1 to 4 p.m. May 19 in a free jam session at the pavilion. Call 638-7766.
• NEIGHBORS Wahiawa- Whitmore Village Neigh-borhood Board meets at 7 p. m. May 20 at Wahiawa District Park, Mililani Mauka-Launani Valley meets at 7 p.m. May 21 at Mililani Mauka school, Mililani-Waipio-Melemanu meets at 7:30 p.m. May 22 at Mililani Rec Center III, and North Shore meets at 7 p.m. May 28 at Haleiwa Elementary cafeteria. Call 768-3710.
• MOON WALK Waimea Valley hosts its monthly Moon Walk at 7:30 p.m. May 24, from the ticket both to the waterfall and back. Fee is $5 per person. Call 638-7766.
• FOOTBALL Mililani Football Association seeks a volunteer head coach for the Junior PeeWee division of Pop Warner Football. The season starts Aug. 1. Call Tony at 756-3334.
• SOCCER The Mililanibased Fusion Soccer Club is practicing now for the HYSA season starting Sept. 1. The club seeks interested players born between Aug. 1, 2004 and July 31, 2005 (boys, 927-4351); between Aug. 1, 2001 and July 31, 2002 (girls, 864-2194) and between Aug. 1, 2000 and July 31, 2001 (864-9965).
• LANGUAGES Language Wonderland leads Saturday morning classes for keiki age 12 and younger in Japanese and Mandarin Chinese. Coming soon are French, Spanish and Russian. Fee is $165 for 10 classes. Call 1-760-4773310 or visit languagewonder-land.com. A new session started May 4.
• STRIDERS The Leeward Stroller Strides group meets at 8:45 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursday at Central Oahu Regional Park, offering a fitness walk for moms and tots in strollers. Fee is $60 a month. A Schofield Barracks group meets at 8:45 a.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Call 3986275.
• JAZZERCISE Kate Moore has low- impact Jazzercise classes at 6 and 7 p.m. Mondays at Mililani District Park; beginners welcome. She also leads Jazzercise at 6:15 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays at Mililani Rec Center 5. Call 621-2482.