Menehune Marchers Ready For Volksmarch
ing — it’s good camaraderie.
“I’ve discovered parts of the island that I’d never seen before or took for granted,” she added.
Walkers will carry a start card, have it validated at check points along the route and turn it in at the finish line. An adult must accompany each participant under age 12.
Pre-registration is required by March 7. The race is free, however the cost to receive a B award and IVV credit is $5, or $3 for IVV credit only. Write checks to Menehune Marchers and mail to Miyamasu at 926 Kaahue St., Honolulu, HI 96825. Call 395-9041. Furlough Friday workshops for teens on March 5: Slam Poetry and the Spoken Word from 8:15 a.m. to noon, followed by lunch, at Ching Conference Center, and The Legislature from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the State Capitol in collaboration with state Sen. Glenn Wakai. Call 2658715 to reserve a space.
• TAX HELP Volunteers with AARP Tax-Aide assists low-and moderate-income taxpayers with their returns from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. March 6, 13, 20, 27 and April 3, 9 an 10 at Aina Haina Library. For details, visit www.aarp.org/taxaide.
• ASSOCIATIONMEETS St. Louis Heights Community Association has its monthly meeting at 7 p.m. March 8 at Hokulani Elementary School. Call 737-5654.
• CHAMBER MIXER Hawaii Kai Chamber of Commerce meets for wine, food and networking from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. March 12 at Roy’s Restaurant. Branding expert and TV host J.T. Foxx will speak. Fee is $40 for nonmembers. Call 381-4412.
• ROSE SHOWHonolulu Rose Society has its spring rose show from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. March 13 at Kahala Mall. 732-7736.
• MAUNALUAMONDAY Malama Maunalua presents Maunalua Monday at 6:30 p.m. March 15 at the group’s community house, 4211 Waialae Ave., in partnership with Whole Foods Market. The public is welcome to the free “talk story” to raise awareness about the bay’s water quality. Call 738-0820.
• GO GREEN Koko Marina Center hosts a “GO Green” gathering of local environmental initiatives from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. March 20. Call 395-4737.
• SHOOTING STARS Diamond Head Theatre auditions children ages 7 to 17 for its Shooting Stars program from 1 to 5 p.m. March 20. Bring sheet music and wear closed-toe shoes . For details, call 733-0277, ext. 306.
WAIALAE HIKES Hawaiian Trail & Mountain Club leads a 4-mile hike to Wiliwilinui in Waialae at 8 a.m. March 20. Also, a 6-mile hike at 8 a.m. March 21 on Wailupe Loop. Go to www.htmclub.org.
• FLOWERSMOA instructors demonstrate flower arranging from 2 to 4 p.m. March 21 at Kaimuki Library. Call 733-8422.
• SLEEP DISORDERS Kaiser has a free, public Senior Summit talk on “ Things that Creep and Crawl at Night”(sleep disorders, restless leg syndrome) at 10 a.m. March 25 at Kahala Nui’. Call 422-2235.
• WAIALAE CRAFTERS Waialae Elementary seeks crafters by March 31 to join in its April 17 fun fair, set for 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Booth fee is $25 for a half table and $50for a full table. E-mail email@example.com.