West Oahu Highlights
p.m. May 29. Tickets cost $25 in advance, $30 at the door. Call 497-4208.
• LIBRARY CLOSURES All public libraries close May 29-31 for the Memorial Day holidays.
• ON STAGE Ho‘okahi Sunday at Pearlridge Center Downtown features Aunty Ihilani Miller & Friends at 1 p.m. and Keali‘ika‘apunihonua Ke‘ena A‘o Hula at 2:30 p.m. May 30. Call 488-0981. Mokulehua at 2:30 p.m. June 6. Call 488-0981.
• HALAUENROLLMENT Halau Hula ‘O Kana Kapeka now accepts registration for its summer hula and Tahitian classes, held Saturdays from June 19 to Aug. 14 at St. Elizabeth Church in Aiea. All ages and skill levels are welcome. Monday evening classes for women also are available. Call Dana Henderson at 255-4001 or 487-9450. Kamali‘i, a children’s receiving home on the Leeward Coast. Items needed are new clothing, blankets, towels, sports equipment, shoes, slippers, toys, school supplies, backpacks and arts and crafts. Call 521-9531, ext. 224.
• EWA MARKET Ewa Beach Shopping Center and Lay Farms offer a new farmers market from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily; the Serendipitous Gardener from 2 to 7 p.m. Wednesdays and 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturdays; and The Bread of Life from 2 to 6 p.m. Mondays and Tuesdays. Call 689-7387.
• WAIPAHU MARKET Waipahu Festival Marketplace is open from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturdays and 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sundays and holidays at 94340 Waipahu Depot Road, offering fresh fish, produce, crafts, refreshments and island-made products. Call 677-6939.
• WAIANAE MARKET Waianae Farmers’Market is now open from 7:45 to 11:30 a.m. at Waianae High School, featuring new products from the school, such as organic produce and ogo. The market relocated May 1 from Waianae Coast Comprehensive Health Center. Call 697-3516.
• CITY MARKETS The People’s Open Market sells produce on Tuesdays from 6:30 to 7:30 a.m. at Waiau District Park and 8:15 to 9:15 a.m. at Waipahu District Park; Fridays from 7 to 8 a.m. to Halawa District Park and 9 to 10 a.m. at Ewa Beach Community Park; Sundays from 7 to 8:30 a.m. at Kapolei Community Park, 9:30 to 11 a.m. at Royal Kunia Park-nRide and 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Waikele Community Park. Call 522-7088.
• CANCERSCREENINGS Hawaii Medical Center West conducts free mammograms and pap smears for women 40 and older from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. every Wednesday and Friday in Room 108 of the medical office building. Call 547-6820.