West Oahu Highlights
• CAROLS Karol’s Karolers sing holiday songs from around the world at 6:30 p.m. Dec. 15 at Ewa Beach Library. Call 6891204.
• PUPPET SHOWS Puppeteer Christy Lipps presents holiday stories and songs at 10:30 a.m. Dec. 16 at Kapolei Library (693-7050) and 10:30 a.m. Dec. 17 at Ewa Beach Library (689-1204).
• SNOWFLAKES Aiea Library’s Festival of Snowflakes competition winners are on display Dec. 18. Call 483-7333.
• ROTARY TALK Rotary Club of Kapolei meets at 7:30 a.m. Dec. 18 in Kapolei High’s faculty lounge for breakfast and to hear from Alan Oshima, Hawaiian Electric CEO. Email email@example.com.
• BASEBALL CLINIC Coach Lester Akeo conducts the Pilikoko Baseball Clinic Dec. 20 at Central Oahu Regional Park, Baseball Field 4. Children 11 years and younger play from 9 a.m. to noon; 12 and older from 1 to 4 p.m. Admission is a donation of canned food. Call Les at 861-2488.
• MARSH CLEANUP Hawaii Nature Center volunteers conduct a cleanup of Pouhala Marsh in Waipahu from 8: 30 to 11:30 a.m. Dec. 20. Call 955-0100, ext. 118.
• WAIMANO HIKE Hawaiian Trail & Mountain Club leads a 13.6mile advanced hike along Waimano Trail to the Ko‘olau summit at 8 a.m. Dec. 21. Visit htmclub.org.
• MOVIE MARATHON Ewa Beach Library presents a marathon screening of holiday-related films from 1 to 8 p.m. Dec. 22, from Elf to The Polar Express. Call 6891204.
• SOVEREIGNTY Makakilo’s Kioni Dudley cohosts The Sovereignty Conversation: Community Forums from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Dec. 22 on ‘Olelo channel 53. Visit thesovereigntyconversation.org.
• BLOOD DRIVES Hawaii Blood Bank has donor drives from 7 to 11:30 a.m. Dec. 22 at Waikele Center, 7:30 a.m.noon Dec. 26 at Kapolei Shopping Center and 7 to 11 a.m. Dec. 28 at Foodland in Ewa Town Center. Call 848-4770.
• GATHERING Prince Kuhio Community Center hosts The Gathering Place market from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. each Monday at 911270 Kinoiki St. in Kapolei, offering food, crafts and entertainment to bring Westside folks together. Vendors may call Megan at 772-6682.
• YOGA Free classes in Holistic Energy Yoga meet at 10: 45 a. m. Wednesdays at Waiau District Park. Call 3814376.
• AIEA HULA
Hula classes on five skill levels are offered at St. Elizabeth Catholic Church hall in Aiea, conducted by Halau Hula ‘O Kala Kapeka. The church is located at 99312 Moanalua Road. For schedule and registration, call 255-4001.
• SLACK KEYYameen Fong will conduct spring 2015 classes in beginner slack-key guitar in four weekly meetings at 9 a.m. Thursdays, and ukulele picking at 10 a. m. Thursdays, both at Ewa Mahiko District Park, 911145 Renton Road. Classes start Jan. 22. Call 6856035 or visit fongsmusic.homestead.com .
• WAIPAHU ZUMBA Zumba classes with Sexy Crew are back every Thursday at 6:30 p.m. at United Visayan Community Hall, 94-833 Awanei St. in Waipahu. Drop in fee is $5. Call 393-8073.
• AIKIDO Aikido Yuishinkai Honolulu leads ki and martial arts classes from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays at Halawa District Park, second floor. Classes follow the teachings of Koretoshi Maruyama and Morihei Ueshiba. Students 12 years old through adult are welcome. Call James Peters at 256-9944.
• SELF- DEFENSE Austin Streadbeck leads a self-defense class from 6 to 8 p.m. every Wednesday and Thursday at Makakilo Community Center, 921140 Makakilo Drive, based on the teachings of Henry Okazaki’s Kodenkan/ Danzan Ryu Jujitsu. Call 383-1480.
• WELLNESS Shizendo Ki method founder Hideo Kimura teaches Ki Wellness from 6 to 7:15 p.m. Mondays and Fridays at Soto Mission of Aiea, 99-045 Kauhale St., and Shizen Aikiwaza class from 7:30 to 9 p.m. the same nights. Free trials are allowed. Call 671-1422.
• CRESTVIEW CLUB Crestview Seniors Club meets from 9:30 a.m. to noon each Friday at Crestview Community Park for planned fun activities and outings. All residents