February Classes At Birth Center
February is all about birth at Castle Medical Center, which will offer six classes and two ongoing programs for new or expectant parents and other caregivers.
Couples should register at 263- 5400 or at castlemed.org for any of the following classes.
• Giving Birth: The Castle Experience, starting Feb. 1 from 2 to 4 p.m., or Feb. 5 from 6 to 8 p.m. Fee is $45 per person, $80 per couple.
• General Newborn Care, 6 to 8:30 p.m. Feb. 3. Fee is $30 for two people.
• Infant Safety, 6 to 8:30 p.m. Feb. 10. Fee is $15.
• Breastfeeding, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 11. Fee is $25 (or free with CMC childbirth class).
• Coaches Clinic, 6 to 8:30 p.m. Feb. 24, for those assisting with labor. Fee is $15.
• Healthy Pregnancy, 6 to 8 p.m. Feb. 25 in the CMC Ohana Room. Fee is $10.
The ongoing programs are Mommy & Me Hui, 11:15 a.m. Fridays for new moms and their infants. Also free tours of the hospital’s Birth Center can be scheduled weekly from 5 to 6 p.m.
Gail Dias (left), Stanford Carr and Sheila Cabral enjoyed the recent Stanford Carr Development/ RMA Sales Christmas party, where Dias won $500 for placing first in the dance contest. Both women are from Kaneohe. Photo by Elizabeth Borge.