Windward Oahu Highlights
p.m. and “Kaluokahina: The Enchanted Reef” at 3 p.m. March 21 at WCC. Admission is $7, $6 and $5. Call 235-7433.
• KANEOHE BOOKS Friends of Kaneohe Library offers free books during its “renovation” in February, as well as half-off prices on all romance books in the library basement bookstore. Hours are 10 a.m.-3 p.m. and 6-7:45 p.m. Wednesdays, 1-3 p.m. Fridays, 1-4 p.m. Sundays, and 1- 3 p. m. Tuesdays. Volunteers to sort and shelve donated items are welcome anytime. Call 247-4819.
• KAILUA BOOKS Friends of Kailua Library bookstore is open at the library entrance from 10 a. m. to noon Monday, Wednesday and Friday; 17 p. m. Tuesday and Thursday; and 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday. Call 3921824.
• KUPUNA BREAKFAST KEY Project invites all area kupuna (age 50 and older) to a complimentary breakfast at 8 a.m. each Monday and Wednes-day in its Kipuka Cafe at 47200 Waihee Road. For guests under 50 accompanying a senior, the suggested donation is $5. Call 239-5777.
• KARATE Knight’s Isshin-Ryu Karate & Kobudo plans a self-defense summer session for children June 8July 29 in Kailua, emphasizing fitness, fun and handling bullies. Call 492-2725 or visit knightskaratekailua.com.
• FOOD, THRIFT Windward United Church of Christ opens its food pantry from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays for needy folk, and also welcomes donations of cash and nonperishable food. Its thrift shop is open from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays and Thursdays, and worship is at 9 a.m. Sundays at 38 Kaneohe Bay Drive. Call 254-3802.
• TAX HELPAARP Tax Counseling for the Elderly volunteers assist low- and