Windward Oahu Highlights
facility, Paws for a Cause, hosts an open house from 3 to 6 p.m. March 6 at 46178 Kahuhipa St., across from Windward Dodge. Call 235-0005.
• HAIKU MUSIC Kai- ona Duo entertains from 8:30 to 10:30 p.m. March 6 at Haleiwa Joe’s on Haiku Road. Next up: Kona Chang March 13. Call 247-6671.
• LANIKAI ‘BUS’ Lanikai Elementary School’s Walking School Bus travels from 7:20 to 7:40 a.m. March 6, with students walking or biking together from Kailua Beach Park to school as a traffic-safety promotion. Call 266-7844.
• CHARTER SCHOOL Malama Honua Public Charter School leads informational sessions at 8 a.m. March 6, and 5 p.m. March 30 at 41-054 Ehukai St. in Waimanalo. The school also accepts applications for grades K-3. Call 259-5522.
• MARCH PONDS Volunteers help clean Kawainui marsh restoration ponds from 9 a.m. to noon March 7 with DLNR’s James Cogswell. Call 266-0911.
• DONUTS Halau Ke Ao o ‘Anolani sells Krispy Kreme doughnuts from 7 to 8 a.m. March 7 on Kamehameha Highway near Kaneohe Post Office to help pay its ho‘ike expenses. Price is $10 a dozen. Stop by or pre-order, 216-8924.
• DISCO DADS Huakailani School for Girls sponsors its Dad & Daughter Disco “Butterfly Ball” at 6 p.m. March 7 at Mid Pacific Country Club. Taxdeductible tickets cost $70 per couple, and proceeds support the school and its robotics program. Music, dancing, pupus and activities are planned. Call 263-2020.
• EASTER BUNNYThe Easter Bunny arrives at Windward Mall bringing photo sessions and a host of activities from 10 a.m. to noon March 7. A donation of canned food gains admission to the fun. Mr. Bunny will settle in for family photos through April 4. Call 235-1143.
• GRAFFITI OUT Volunteers are needed for a Malama 96744 graffiti paintout and community cleanup from 8 to 11:30 a.m. March 7 at Kaneohe Skate Park. Bring paint rollers and covers. Refreshments will follow. Call 235-7747.
• PUOHALA RECY- CLES Puohala Elementary has an Aloha Aina recycling drive from 9 a.m. to noon March 7, accepting all kinds of items, from scrap metal to glass bottles and printer cartridges. A documentshredding service will be on site. Email email@example.com.
• CRAFTS Castle High Project Grad and other school groups plan a Crafters’ Clearance & Garage Sale from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. March 7 in the cafeteria. (Last-minute white elephant items are welcome from 3:30 to 6 p.m. March 6.) Call 953-7011.
• CLASSIC CARS Aikahi Park Shopping Center hosts a classic car cruise night from 5 to 9 p.m. March 7. Call 735-8822.
• NEUTERING Hawaiian Humane Society offers free Zeuterin sterilization service for up to 50 male dogs (older than 3 months) during staff training March 7-8 at WCC. The procedure is injectable and less invasive than surgery. For an appointment, call 356-2222.
• BLOOD DRIVES Hawaii Blood Bank has donor drives from 7 a.m. to noon March 7 at Kaneohe Bay Shopping Center, 7:1511:15 a.m. March 8 at Hope Chapel Kaneohe Bay, and 8:15 a.m.-2:30 p.m. March 15 at Kailua United Methodist Church. Call 8484770.
• CULTURE ACCESS Ko‘olaupoko Hawaiian Civic Club leads a cultural access tour of Waihee ahupua‘a from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. March 7. Donations are welcome. Call 235-8111.
• HANAUMA TALK Hanauma Bay Education Program hosts a free lecture at 3 p.m. March 8 in the park theater on “Why Did the Albatross Cross the Ocean? Tracking Foraging Trips and Migrations” with HPU’s David Hyrenbach.