Windward Oahu Highlights
Parking costs $1. Call 3975840.
• OCEAN SAFETY Na Kama Kai runs free keiki clinics on ocean safety and conservation awareness all day March 8 at Kahana Bay. Volunteer help is welcome. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 864-9164.
• DRIVE SAFE Hau‘ula Neighborhood Security Watch volunteers wave traffic safety signs from 5:30 to 6 p.m. March 8 along Kamehameha Highway. To join them, call Moana at 782-9553 or email email@example.com.
• HULA IN KAILUA Pumehana Cullen and Puamana Hula Studio entertain in a free “I Love Hula in Kailua” show at 3 p.m. March 8 in Kailua Town Center parking garage. Call 263-7073.
• COMIC ART Published comic book author Christopher Caravalho shares his superheroes and achieve- ments at 3 p.m. March 8 at Kaneohe Library. Audience participation is welcome. Call 233-5676.
• BRASS QUINTET Chamber Music Hawaii presents Honolulu Brass Quintet and harpist Constance Uejio at 7:30 p.m. March 9 at Paliku Theatre. Call 489-5038 for tickets or visit chambermusichawaii.org.
• PIE DAY Kahuku Library hosts a “Pi(e) BakeOff” and pie-eating contest at 6:30 p.m. March 10 with finalists from a weeklong “Pi” program for Kahuku High & Intermediate math classes. Real pies from Ted’s Bakery and from local bakers (in competition) are the highlights. Call 2938935.
• PIANO MUSIC Pianist Allan Fisher leads a session of popular sing-along music and show tunes at 7 p.m. March 10 at Pohai Nani auditorium. Call 234-6639.
• STARGAZING Hokulani Imaginarium presents “Stargazing” at 7 p.m. March 11 at WCC. Admission is $7, $6 and $5. Call 2357433.
• COUPON SWAP Kahuku Library hosts free, volunteer-led coupon swapping from 9 to 11 a.m. March 11 (and every second Wednesday). Bring coupons to trade. Call 293-8935.
• 5Rs FESTIVAL Kaneohe 5Rs Festival of Fun is open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. March 14 at Windward Mall with activities, games and more to highlight respect, responsibility, resourcefulness, relationships and resiliency. Castle High seniors also present their senior 5Rs projects. Call 2351143.
• E-WASTE Local businesses and banks sponsor an e-waste recycling drive from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. March 14 at Kaneohe Bay Shopping Center, accepting all com- puters and related electronics — any condition (except TVs, batteries and appliances). Shred-It also will securely destroy confidential documents, (maximum three boxes per person). Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• HEIAU CLEANUP Hau‘ula volunteers help clean up Maunawila Heiau from 8 to 11 a.m. March 14. To join the team, call Dotty at 255-6944 or email email@example.com.
• BENCH-PRESS Olomana School sponsors the 13th annual Hawaii High School Bench Press and Body Building Contest March 15 at Ward Warehouse stage. Call 266-7866.
• KUPUNA EATS KEY Project invites all area kupuna (age 50 and older) to a complimentary breakfast at 8 a.m. Mondays and Wednesdays in Kipuka Cafe at 47-200 Waihee Road. For guests under 50 accompanying a senior, the suggested donation is $5. Call 239-5777.
• KARATE Knight’s Isshin- Ryu Karate & Kobudo plans a self-defense summer course for keiki June 8-July 29 in Kailua on fitness, fun and handling bullies. Call 492-2725.