Windward Oahu Highlights
46-005 Kawa St. #303. Call 262-6731.
• HANAUMA TALK Hanauma Bay Education Program offers a free lecture at 3 p.m. March 22 in the park theater on “Big Winged Migrators: Humpback Whales in the North Pacific” with Siri Hakala of NOAA. Parking costs $1. Call 3975840.
• HAIKU VALLEY Ko‘olaupoko Hawaiian Civic Club leads a cultural service workday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. March 22. To join, call 235-8111 or email email@example.com.
• HARMONY Sounds of Aloha performs at noon March 22 at Windward Mall center court, offering barbershop-style harmonizing. Call 235-1143.
• VARIETY SHOWPohai Nani residents perform a free variety show for the public at 7 p.m. March 24 at Pohai Nani auditorium. Call 234-6639.
• DIGITAL Kahuku Library hosts a presentation by Robert Stauffer of Alu Like on Hawaiian digital resources, featuring Ulukai and Wehewehe (an electronic library and dictionary) at 3 and 6 p.m. March 24. Call 293-8935.
• PIZZA BENEFIT The 24-VII Heartbeat dance group conducts a fundraiser at all Oahu Pizza Huts March 24. To get the required flier for your purchase, call 554-1410.
• COACHES CLINIC Castle Medical Center offers a “coaches clinic” for prospective labor coaches at 6 p.m. March 24. Fee is $15. Call 263-5400.
• FOOTGOLFBay View Golf Course plans an introductory FootGolf tourney at 10 a.m. March 26 with lunch and prizes. Call Larry Dunn at 247-0451.
• TSUNAMIS Kailua Neighborhood Board’s Disaster Preparedness subcommittee hosts a town hall meeting on tsunamis at 6:30 p.m. March 25 at Kailua District Park. Call 783-5396.
• POTATOES Eileen Towata presents “Potato Possibilities” at 6 p.m. March 26, sharing tips on all preparations and varieties of potatoes. Fee is $10 in advance. Call 263-5400 or visit castlemed.org.
• KUHIO DAY Ka Ho‘oilina na Kuhio Community Center marks the birthday of Prince Kuhio with a concert by Royal Hawaiian Band at 11 a.m. March 26 at 41-253 Ilauhole St. For details, visit waimanalo.org.
• PIANO RECITAL Ernest Chang’s piano students play a free public recital at 7 p.m. March 27 at Pohai Nani auditorium. Call 2346639.
• THOMPSON SHOW Acclaimed songwriter and guitarist Richard Thompson performs at 8 p.m. March 28 in Surfer, the Bar at Turtle Bay Resort. Tickets cost $45 at Surf ‘n’ Sea or at brownpapertickets.com.
• KA‘A‘AWA HIKE Hawaiian Trail & Mountain Club leads an 8-mile intermediate circuit hike at 8 a.m. March 28 in Ka‘a‘awaHakipuu. To sign up, visit htmclub.org.