‘Good first step’

N.H. providers laud rul­ing re­quir­ing prior no­tice of Med­i­caid cuts

Modern Healthcare - - REGIONAL NEWS - Jaimy Lee

New Hamp­shire providers say the fed­eral rul­ing re­quir­ing the state’s health com­mis­sioner to pro­vide no­tice and jus­ti­fi­ca­tion of re­duc­tions in Med­i­caid re­im­burse­ment is a solid start in their ef­fort to ad­dress the cuts in re­im­burse­ment.

The March 2 or­der means the “state has to rec­og­nize their fis­cal re­spon­si­bil­ity for Med­i­caid pa­tients,” said Frank Mcdougall Jr., vice pres­i­dent of gov­ern­ment re­la­tions at Dart­mouth-hitch­cock Health in Le­banon, N.H.

“It’s an ex­cep­tion­ally good first step,” Mcdougall said.

The 371-bed Dart­mouth-hitch­cock Med- ical Cen­ter was one of 10 hos­pi­tals to sue the New Hamp­shire Depart­ment of Health and Hu­man Ser­vices last year, al­leg­ing that the state had vi­o­lated the Med­i­caid Act by not pro­vid­ing suf­fi­cient re­im­burse­ment for Med­i­caid pa­tients and that the health com­mis­sioner failed to no­tify providers of rate re­duc­tions and pro­vide op­por­tu­ni­ties for

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from USA

© PressReader. All rights reserved.