HOSPITALS AND HEALTH SYSTEMS
Baylor Scott & White Health, the Dallasbased system created by the 2013 merger of Baylor Health Care System and Scott & White Healthcare, has announced a new senior management team that includes Fred Savelsbergh as CFO and Matthew Chambers as CIO.
Other senior officers named include: LaVone Arthur, chief integration officer; Dr. David J. Ballard, chief quality officer; Mark Grace, chief mission and ministry officer; Kristi Hoyl, chief government affairs officer; Robert Michalski, chief compliance officer; Dr. J. James Rohack, chief health policy officer; Steve Sullivan, chief strategy officer; and Dr. Donald E. Wesson, chief academic officer. All of the executives named to the merged organization’s leadership team previously held senior positions with Scott & White or Baylor.
William Caldwell is the new CEO of Wilson (N.C.) Medical Center, effective April 1. Caldwell takes on the role at Wilson Medical after most recently serving as COO of LewisGale Medical Center in Salem, Va. He replaces Jerry Dooley, who had been serving as interim president and CEO since Rick Hudson retired last month.
Hudson vacated the position following the completion of the joint venture transaction between Wilson Medical and Duke LifePoint Healthcare on March 1. The deal calls for Duke LifePoint to make a $120 million capital investment in Wilson Medical over the next decade, with Duke LifePoint owning 80% of the venture and the hospital and local community owning the remaining 20%.
Steve Hartgraves is the new president and CEO of Jackson County Memorial Hospital, Altus, Okla.
Hartgraves joined Jackson County Memorial on March 17. The hospital serves southwest Oklahoma and northern Texas. He most recently served as administrator and CEO of Graham (Texas) Regional Medical Center.