Adventures abound for travel
The East Haven Senior Center is offering the following trips:
• Nov. 5-6: Turning Stone Casino, $203.
• Dec. 6-8 An Amish Christmas Getaway featuring “The Miracle of Christmas” at Sight & Sound, $196.
• Feb. 1, 2018: Westchester Broadway Theatre, “100 Years of Broadway,” $105.
• March 4: American Athletic conference. Women’s Basketball Tournament, cost TBA.
• March 20: St. Patrick’s Celebration at Aqua Turf, $78.
• April 14-21: Historic South, including Savannah, Georgia, and Charleston, South Carolina. Flyers in the office. Cost is $1,579.
• April 19: “Sister Act” at Westchester Broadway Theatre, $105.
• April 26: Log Cabin, The Kings & Queens of Country, $98.
• May 24: “The Lone Star Love Potion” at Newport Playhouse, $107.
• July 13: Coins & Claws, and Mohegan Sun casino, $75.
• Aug. 2: Saratoga. Off to the Races, $85.
• Aug. 14: Log Cabin: Lobster Feast and Jeff Barnhart’s Riverside Ramblers, $98.
Fliers available at the East Haven Senior Center, 91 Taylor Ave. in East Haven. Call 203-468-3277.
Fall in Cape May
A 4-day fall trip to Cape May will depart Oct. 1. Tour will include 6 meals, 3 nights at the Grand Hotel overlooking the ocean in Cape May, trolley tour, visit to the Emeln Physick Estate, Cape May Point tour, side trip to Atlantic City, dinner at the Washington Inn, Renault Winery, lunch at Smithville Inn, entertainment and open bar.
Cost is $549 per person. Bus departs from Cromwell, North Haven and Milford. For information or reservations call 203-483-6330 or 800-967-1993 or visit www. tatoursonline.com.
D.C. spring tours
Four-day tours to Washington, D.C., will depart April 6 and April 27. Trip will include 3 nights at the Holiday Inn & Suites Old Towne Alexandria, Arlington National Cemetary, day and night tours, Library of Congress, Smithsonian Institure and Baltimore Harborplace.
Cost is $549. Departures are from Cromwell, North Haven, and Milford. Call 203-483-6330 or 800-9671993 or visit www.tatoursonline.com.
‘Ireland Splendor’ trip
The Clinton Chamber of Commerce will offer an “Ireland Splendor” trip March 14-31, 2018.
Cost is $2,399 per person, double occupancy. Book by Sept. 15 and save $150.
For information or to receive a brochure, contact Sal Chiaramonte at 860-6695697 or email@example.com; or the chamber at 860-669-3889 (Montday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.).
MFR Travelers’ trips
MFR Travelers Group is offering several trips.
• Oct. 14: Lake Winnipesaukee, New Hampshire. A boat cruise and train ride with a fresh roast turkey dinner. Scenic 2½-hour cruise to experience fall foliage, followed by a 90-minute ride on a vintage rail coach with dinner. Also free time to explore the shops and boutiques in Meredith. Cost is $165 per person.
• Oct. 21: Historic Salem, Massachusetts. Follow the history of witches, witchcraft and witch hunts through the ages. Lunch on your own with free time in Salem Village. Tour includes Salem Trolley with shuttle service through Salem, 13 stops throughout the day. Cost is $85 per person.
• Nov. 12: Magnanini Winery & Restaurant. A day at the Magnanini Winery estate with a wine tasting, sixcourse Italian meal. Cost is $125 per person.
• Dec. 2: “Dashing Through the Snow” at the Newport Playhouse and Cabaret restaurant and Newport Grand Casino. Includes play, dinner buffet, cabaret and dessert. Free time at the casino with slot package of the day. Cost is $110 per person.
• Dec. 9: NYC for Christmas and Arthur Avenue. A fun-filled day in New York City. Time on your own in Rockefeller Plaza, a visit to Arthur Avenue in the Bronx, time on your own for dinner and a visit to the open marketplace. Cost is $50 per person.
All trips pick up at the Exit 43 commuter lot in West Haven. For information or reservations, call Mary at 203430-1161 or Frances at 203469-6290.
Big E, Atlantic City
F Seniors and Friends has many trips in the works:
• Sept. 24: The Big E in Massachusetts. Cost is $56 per person and includes bus and ticket. Bus leaves First Avenue commuter lot in West Haven at 8 a.m.
• Jan. 2-4, 2018: Atlantic City Resorts Casino. Includes 4 meals, 2 shows, 2 nights’ accommodations, slot bonus. Cost is $219 per person ($299 single room); $50 deposit to hold reservation. Leaves First Avenue commuter lot in West Haven at 8 a.m.
For information, call Fred Morgillo at 203-389-5808 or 203-927-4249.
Disney Halloween cruise
Cruising with Friends is offering a Disney Halloween 7-night cruise on the Disney Magic out of New York City, sailing Oct. 28.
Trick or Treat with Disney characters on their private island at Castaway Cays, then spend one day at Walt Disney World (Nov. 1) followed by two more days at sea.
For pricing and availability, call Nancy at 860-3915435; space is extremely limited.
Cruising With Friends is holding a presentation for a New Year’s cruise to Bahamas aboard the Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas.
The presentation will be held at 6 p.m. Sept. 19 at DeNovelli’s by The Shore, 192 E. Main St. in Clinton. Come for appetizers (cash bar available) and highlights of the cruise. Space is limited, RSVP to Sal at 860-669-5697 or srchiaramonte@sbcglobal. net.
The eight-day cruise departs Dec. 30 from Bayonne, New Jersey.
Choose staterooms from inside, ocean view and balcony; inventory changes regularly. Transportation to New Jersey will be available at additional cost.
For booking or information, contact Sal at 860-6695697 or firstname.lastname@example.org; or Nancy at 860391-5435.