Cats rescued from fire
Pet oxygen masks donated to Aetna help save felines
Firefighters used specially-designed oxygen masks to save two cats rescued from a fire that damaged a house in Devon on Monday night.
The fire broke out at 6:39 p.m. in the 900 block of Devon Drive, and firefighters arrived to find a fire in the basement of the two-story home, according to John H. Farrell IV, a spokesman for Aetna Hose Hook and Ladder Company.
Thirty firefighters and EMTs from Aetna, Christiana, Mill Creek and Cranston Heights fire companies extinguished the fire in approximately 20 minutes. No one was injured.
“While the fire was contained to the basement, the home sustained heat
Aetna Hose, Hook & Ladder Company EMTs Mary Rockey and Kyle Mench treat a cat rescued from a house fire on Devon Drive on Monday evening.