Lansdale Public Library
What’s happening at the Lansdale Public Library, 301 Vine St., Lansdale. InformationW O15-855-POO8; inforequests@ lansdalelibrary.org The library is openW jonday - cridayW 10 a.m. - 9 p.m.; SaturdayW 10 a.m. - P p.m. CLUBS/MEETINGS: Unless otherwise notedI all programs are free and open to the public.
• Chess Club: Sept. 15 10WP0 a.m.
• The Grail Movement of America: Sept. 15 at 1OWP0 p.m. iearn about and study Abd-ru-shin’s workI “In the iight of Truth.”
• MOMS Club: Sept. 17 at 10W15 a.m.
• Camera Club: Sept. 17 at T p.m.
• Philadelphia Tea Party Patriots: Sept. 18 at SWP0 p.m.
• National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI): Sept. 19 at SW45 p.m. A peerrun support group.
• National MS Optimists Support Group: Sept. 20 at T p.m.
• Working in the United
at States: Sept. 25 at S p.m. This class is for immigrants to the United States who are interested in learning more about the cultural aspects of working in the United States. To registerI call S10O09-P1P5 or email communicatewithease@ comcast. net.
• How Healthy Are You? Know Your Numbers: Sept. 27 at 1 p.m. cree health screenings Eblood pressure and other measurements) from noon to 1 p.m. To registerI call O15-481OO04. Class size is limited.
• Amateur Radio: Sept. 27 at T p.m. Call S10-51T50T4 for details.
• Free Math Help: Mondays at 4 p.m. cree tutoring for students in grades T to 1O in any math subject.
• Mexican Train Dominoes: Tuesdays at 1 p.m.
• Knit and Crochet with Judy: Wednesdays at 4WP0 p.m. BeginnersI novicesI whoever – if you’re looking for a nice way to relax and socializeI bring a current project or a skein of yarn and needles to start.
• WRAP Wellness Recovery Action Plan Group: Wednesdays at 1WP0 p.m.
• Knitting/Crocheting Group: Wednesdays at 4WP0 p.m.
• Crocheting Group: Fridays at 1 p.m. MOVIES: • Friday Night Movies: Showtime is SWP0 p.m. Sept. 14: “The eunger Games” EPG-1PI 14O minutes); Sept. 21: “The iucky One” EPG1PI 101 minutes); Sept. 28: “The Pirates! Band of jisfiWs (3G, 88 PLnuWHs). KIDS’ CORNER: • Make Your Own Survival Strap: Sept. 14 at 4 p.m. Come learn how to make a survival wristband using parachute cord. Sign up at the library. CostW AP.
• Miss Lisa’s Family Storytime: cor children ages O to 5. Parents and siblings are welcome. Sept. 20 and 27: 10WP0 a.m.; Sept. 21 and 28: 11WP0 a.m.
• Miss Lisa’s Infant Storytime: Sept. 21 and 28 at 10WP0 a.m. cor children under O and their parentsLcaregivers.
• Kiwanis Storytime: Debra eawkI a member of the iansdale hiwanis ClubI will read stories and complete fun activities with the kids. Sept. 22 at 10WP0 a.m.; the theme is “juppets.”
• Math Tutoring: Mondays from 4 to S p.m. cree tutoring in any math subject for students up to grade 1O.
• Free Tutoring by Youth Lit: The American vouth iiteracy coundation is offering tutoring to children in grades 1 to 5 who need help with reading. Tutoring is provided by trained volunteers. Tutors will work with your child after school for P0 minutes per weekI usually criday afternoons between 4 and 5WP0. Other times may be available. Please sign up using the form available at the library. jore information is available at www. youthlit.org. BOOK GROUPS: SPECIAL EVENTS: • Trivia Night: Sept. 15 at T p.m. Third annual beef and beer trivia contest. Which team will win?
• Oktoberfest: Oct. 6 courth annual Oktoberfest wLWK Dn LnWHUnDWLonDO flDLU. jusicI danceI beer gardenI foodI gamesI craftsI etc.