Meetings & Lectures
GLUOV DnG BRyV IURP fiUVW to 12th grade are invited to join the Towamencin Chapter of the Children of the American Revolution. C.A.R. provides opportunities for a child to develop a love of, and a respect for, our country. The National Society of the Children of the American Revolution, founded in 1895, is the oldest patriotic organization for youths in our county. Membership is open to all children who are descendants of patriots of the American Revolution. Let your child see history come alive through the eyes of their Revolutionary War Ancestor. Monthly meetings and activities are planned for all ages. For more information please write to SSeely00@ comcast.net
Do you have a fear of public speaking? Blue Bell Toastmasters Club can help. We meet from 7 to 9 p.m., on the second and fourth Tuesday at the Marriott Courtyard, located on Route 202, directly across from the Montgomeryville Mall. Learn how to improve communication and leadership skills in a friendly and supportive environment. Guests are welcome. Admission feeW $5. For more info, visit www.bbtoast.org.
The PennSuburban Chamber of Commerce will hold the following events (for reservations to any of the following, call 215-362-9200 or email info@PennSuburban.org)
• Women’s Network Luncheon: Sept. 19 at Cedarbrook Country Club, 180 Penlynn Pike, Blue Bell. Guest speakerW Dr. Karen A. Stout, President, Montgomery County Community College. Sponsored by Seitz, Leatherman & Kolb LLC. Registration and networking begins at 11W30 a.m. Lunch and program from noon to 1W30 p.m. CostW $28 for members; $35 for non-members.
• Prepare to Launch! A primer for starting your own business: Sept. 25 from 8 to 10W30 a.m at DeSales University, 815 Sumneytown Pike, Lansdale. Learn how to create a businHVV SODn, REWDLn finDnFLnJ, establish the correct legal entity, marketing plan, and budget. Chamber non-members only. CostW $10.
• Business Card Exchange: Sept. 27 from 5 to 7 p.m. Hosted by The Wooden Duck, 4033 Skippack Pike, Skippack. CostW FREE.
• Are You Confused About Healthcare Reform? Sept. 28 from 11W30 a.m. to 1W30 p.m. Luncheon and panel discussion will be held at Meadowood of Worcester, 3205 Skippack Pike, Worcester. Presented Ey 86, $IfinLWy Ln FRnjunction with the chamber’s healthcare committee. Chamber members only; limited seating. CostW $15.
• Breakfast News Network, 7W30-8W45 a.m. at Normandy Farm Hotel (1401 Morris Road, Blue Bell, PA 19422) $15 members, includes full buffet breakfast. Join us for a networking program at Normandy Farm Hotel every Thursday morning for breakfast, business news, informative speak- ers and plenty of networking. The cost includes a full breakfast buffet. Copies of the business cards will be made available to those who would like them.