Drama & Dance
The Laymen Playmen, Inc, is proud to announce they will be performing Music Theatre International’s classical musical comedy, The Pajama Game, for their 26th production. Auditions will be held Sept. 15 from 10 a.m. to noon. Auditions will be held at Emmanuel Evangelical Congregational Church, EEC, on Lincoln Avenue DnG 0DLn 6WUHHW, HDWfiHOG. Come prepared to sing a song and follow some dance steps. sisit www.laymenplaymen.org for forms and audition materials. For more information, call 215-3689484. Show dates will be in February at the Lansdale United Methodist Church.
Perky Promenaders Square Dance Club, United Methodist Church, 1020 S. salley Forge Road, Lansdale, offers dance classes and lessons. InformationW 215-542-8374 or www. perkyprom.org.
• Annual Fun Night: Oct. 1 from 7W30 to 9W30 p.m. Singles welcome, or bring a partner. Casual dress; no experiences needed. CostW FREE
• A beginners square dance class will be held weekly from 7W30 p.m. to 9W30 p.m. at Christ United Methodist Church, 1020 salley Forge Road, Lansdale. The cost is $2.50 per person per session. InformationW 610-275-7614 or 215368-7359.
• Weekly round dance lessons will be held from 7W30 p.m. to 9W30 p.m. at Christ United Methodist Church, 1020 salley Forge Road, Lansdale. The cost is $5 per couple per session.
North Penn Lodge No. 1979 will host country line dancing on Tuesdays and swing dancing on Wednesdays at the North Penn ELKS, 2737 Trewingtown Rd., ColMarch Beginners’ lessons start at 7 p.m. The cost is $8. For more information call Dave at 215997-7688.
Dance classes at the PEAK Center, 315 W. Main St. Lansdale: Ballroom dance classesW Learn the basics of the fox trot, cha cha, jitterbug and waltz. Beginners ballroomW Thursdays, 6W30 to 7W30 p.m. Intermediate ballroomW Thursdays, 5W30 to 6W30 p.m. Beginners line dancingW Thursdays, 12W30-1 p.m. Line dancingW Thursdays, 1 p.m. Tap dancingW Thursdays, 10W30 a.m. Cost is $24 for six-week sessions. Call 215-362-7432 for information and registration. Instructor John Long has been teaching ballroom, tap and line dance at many venues including the PEAK Center for over 20 years.
• The center hosts talented regional performing artists one Friday afternoon per month. For more information, call 215-3627432.
• The center hosts evening dances for adults 55 years of age and older the second Friday of each month from 7W30 to 10W30 p.m. The evening includes a live band. Tickets are $8 per person and can be purchased at the door.