Lansdale Public Library
What’s happening at the Lansdale Public Library, 301 Vine St., Lansdale. Information: 215-855-3228; inforequests@ lansdalelibrary.org The library is open: Monday - Friday: 10 a.m. - 9 p.m.; Saturday: 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. CLUBS/MEETINGS: rnless otherwise noted, all programs are free and open to the public.
• Chess Club: Oct. 20 at 10:30 a.m.
• The Grail Movement of America: Oct. 20 at 12:30 p.m. Learn about and study Abd-ru-shin’s work, “In the Light of Truth” - the Grail Message.
• Responsible Policies for Animals: Oct. 23 at 7 p.m. For ages 13 and up. Learn about changes needed for all animals to lead fulfilling lives.
• Making Powerful Presentations: Oct. 25 at 1 p.m. Sign up at the library for the workshop, offered by Alvina Peat.
• Amateur Radio: Oct. 25 at 7 p.m. Call 610-5175074 for details.
• Better Health Skin Care: Oct. 31 at 7 p.m. Learn how to take better care of your skin.
• Cribbage: Tuesdays at 1 p.m.
• Mexican Train Dominoes: Tuesdays at 1 p.m.
• Knitting/Crochet Club: Wednesdays at 4:30 p.m. Beginners, novices, whoever – if you’re looking for a nice way to relax and socialize, bring a current project or a skein of yarn and needles to start.
• WRAP Wellness Recovery Action Plan Group: Wednesdays at 1:30 p.m.
• Knitting/Crocheting Group: Wednesdays at 4:30 p.m.
• Stitch and Chat: Fridays at 1 p.m. MOVIES: • Friday Night Movies: Showtime is 6 p.m. Oct. 19: “The Avengers” (PG13, 143 minutesF; Oct. 26: “Alvin and the Chipmunks meet Frankenstein” (G, 78 minutesF, movie to begin after costume contest at about 6:30. KIDS’ CORNER: • Miss Lisa’s Family Storytime: For children ages 2 to 5. Parents and siblings are welcome. Thursdays at 10:30 a.m.; Fridays at 11:30 a.m.
• Miss Lisa’s Infant Storytime: Fridays at 10:30 a.m. For children under 2 and their parents/caregivers.
• Kiwanis Storytime: Debra Hawk, a member of the Lansdale Kiwanis Club, will read stories and complete fun activities with the kids. Oct. 27 at 10:30 a.m. The theme is “Halloween.”
• Free Math Help: Mondays at 4 p.m. Free tutoring in basic math for students.
• Free Tutoring by Youth Lit: The American vouth Literacy Foundation is offering tutoring to children in grades 1 to 5 who need help with reading. Tutoring is provided by trained volunteers. Tutors will work with your child after school for 30 minutes per week, usually Friday afternoons between 4 and 5:30. Other times may be available. Please sign up using the form available at the library. More information is available at www. youthlit.org. SPECIAL EVENTS: • Halloween Costume Party: Oct. 26 at 6 p.m. Come join the parade around the library and see if you can win the prize for best costume!
• Meet the Author and Artist: Oct. 30 at 2 p.m. Illustrator Brigida Michopulos and author Donato DeSimone will show how they create artwork and discuss the book “Suffer the Children: Growing rp in Italy During WWII.
• Clothing Collection Drive: Through Nov. 9. Ready to clean out your closets? Donate to a good cause - Cradles to Crayons. Look for the cardboard box at the library. Check the list of needed items at cradlestocrayons.org/ philadelphia. Local Brownie Troop #71525 is coordinating!