Drama & Dance
Perky Promenaders Square Dance Club, rnited Methodist Church, 1020 S. Valley Forge Road, Lansdale, offers dance classes and lessons. Information: 215-542-8374 or www. perkyprom.org.
• Free Square Dance for Beginners: Oct. 29 from 8:30 to 10 p.m. Singles welcome, or bring a partner, family or friends. Casual dress; no experience needed.
• A beginners square dance class will be held weekly from 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. at Christ rnited Methodist Church, 1020 S. Valley Forge Road, Lansdale. The cost is $2.50 per person per session. Information: 610-275-7614 or 215368-7359.
• Weekly round dance lessons will be held from 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. at Christ rnited Methodist Church, 1020 Valley Forge Road, Lansdale. The cost is $5 per couple per session.
North Penn Lodge No. 1979 will host country line dancing on Tuesdays and swing dancing on Wednesdays at the North Penn ELKS, 2737 Trewingtown Rd., ColMarch Beginners’ lessons start at 7 p.m. The cost is $8. For more information call Dave at 215997-7688.
Dance classes at the PEAK Center, 315 W. Main St. Lansdale: Ballroom dance classes: Learn the basics of the fox trot, cha cha, jitterbug and waltz. Beginners ballroom: Thursdays, 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Intermediate ballroom: Thursdays, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Beginners line dancing: Thursdays, 12:30-1 p.m. Line dancing: Thursdays, 1 p.m. Tap dancing: Thursdays, 10:30 a.m. Cost is $24 for six-week sessions. Call 215-362-7432 for information and registration. Instructor John Long has been teaching ballroom, tap and line dance at many venues including the PEAK Center for over 20 years.
• The center hosts talented regional performing
artists one Friday afternoon per month. For more information, call 215-362T432.
• The center hosts evening dances for adults 55 years of age and older the second Friday of each month from T:30 to 10:30 p.m. The evening includes a live band. Tickets are $8 per person and can be purchased at the door.